the housing crisis and financial uncertainty
- Companies to help you jump puddles. JOYE, CHRISTOPHER // Australian Financial Review (0404-2018);8/21/2015 Supplement Smart Investor, p20
The article presents the author's comments on the expected recession in Australia in the near future. The author says that his warning of unsustainable strong house price growth which would result in a dangerous asset price bubble has proved correct. According to the author, the public sector is...
- The State of the Nation's Housing 2011 Report Released. // Atlanta Building News eNewsletter;8/23/2011, p13
The article reports that according to a report from the Joint Center for Housing Studies of Harvard University, the recovery of the housing sector in the U.S. depends on a return of demand. The report titled, "The State of the Nation's Housing 2011," says that after three consecutive years of...
- US Economic Slowdown, Rate Cuts To Drub Dollar. Platt, Gordon // Global Finance;Feb2008, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p66
The article reports on the assertion made by business analysts that cuts in interest rates will further dampen the value of U.S. dollar. According to the article, although the country leads the global slowdown, hurdles for economic activity outside the U.S. poses new opportunities for monetary...
- A COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF NATIONAL RECESSIONS AND THE EFFECTS ON REAL ESTATE VALUES IN NORTHWEST NEBRASKA: A TWENTY YEAR PERSPECTIVE. Koza, Rick // Allied Academies International Conference: Proceedings of the Ac;Oct2009, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p5
The real estate market for the past several years has been a roller coaster ride with home values going up at a rapid rate and down just as fast. Since 1937 there has been thirteen recessions including the current one. According to the National Bureau of Economic Research, NBER, the average...
- The sky is not falling. // BRW;6/11/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 23, p18
The article focuses on the condition of the housing markets in Australia and the U.S. in 2009. It cites the increase in house prices in Australia and a decrease by more than 30% in the U.S. It also explores the impact of the big interest rate cuts of the Reserve Bank of Australia from October...
- Slowdown as new buyers fall away. Powley, Tanya // Money Marketing;9/6/2007, p12
The article reports on the economic activity of the financial services industry in Great Britain. It stated that affordability constraints, higher interest rates and lower house expectations will probably affect the property prices in the short term. The house price growth for 2007 is expected...
- Low interest rates keep home price growth robust. // Fairfield County Business Journal;9/15/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 37, pS4
Reports on the growth in home values in the U.S. Result of the declining interest rates; Percentage of the annual house price appreciation rate; Features of the Conventional Mortgage Home Price Index.
- Interest rate cuts push median housing price to $291,900. // Westchester County Business Journal;03/19/2001, Vol. 40 Issue 12, pR13
Reports the impact of the interest rate reduction on housing prices in Fairfield County, New York. Increase in the median sale price for condominiums; Concern over housing supply; Statistics on housing permit numbers.
- Home Prices Grow By 3.9% in 4th Qtr. // National Mortgage News;3/10/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 24, p38
Reports on the increasing home prices in the U.S. Revision of the annualized rate; Stability of the housing market; Decline of interest rates. INSET: CONVENTIONAL MORTGAGE HOME PRICE INDEX.