The high cost of counterfeit drugs
- Refund or credit coming to 340B participants. // Drug Topics;4/7/2003, Vol. 147 Issue 7, p7
Focuses on a report by the U.S. Office of the Inspector General, which shows that five manufacturers overcharged hospitals and other facilities participating in the 340B drug discount program during the year ended September 30, 1999. Manufacturers' failure to include sales to health maintenance...
- Drug company reps misinform doctors. // HealthFacts;Jun95, Vol. 20 Issue 193, p2
Reports on the results of a study of drug company sales representatives. Inaccuracy of statements made by the representatives to medical residents; Criteria for inaccuracy; Opinions concerning the accuracy of print advertisements.
- Heavy fine imposed on off-shore mail-order drug shipping firm. // Drug Topics;1/23/95, Vol. 139 Issue 2, p52
Reports that Medicine Club International has been fined $500,000 for arranging shipments of generic versions of brand-name drugs to American consumers. Establishment of a $1 million credit line; Contention on the legality of the shipments.
- Illegal drugs hazard. // Finance Week;03/17/2000, Rating SA's Health... p14
Focuses on the problem of prescription drugs illegally flooding the South African market. Absence of control over medicine flowing into the country; Important role of pharmacists to prevent medicine theft, wastage and loss.
- Court date. // Drug Topics;7/25/94, Vol. 138 Issue 14, p23
Reports that February 5, 1996 has been set as the trial date for the discriminatory pricing lawsuit against drug manufacturers and wholesalers in the United States. Consolidation of more than three dozen separate pricing suits into one.
- Coincidence or conspiracy? Venersky, Donna L. // Drug Topics;10/19/98, Vol. 142 Issue 20, p10
Points out the different ways in which drug companies and pharmacists conspire to trick consumers. Description of the packaging style of some companies; Placement of desiccants in medicine bottles; How pharmacists try to trick consumers on the number of tablets; How they package inserts.
- Fen-phen class action sought. // Business Insurance;07/14/97, Vol. 31 Issue 28, p2
Reports on a class-action suit filed in the United States District Court in San Francisco against several pharmaceutical companies that manufacture and sell fenfluramine and phentermine diet drug. Circumstances surrounding the law suit; Side effects of the drug; Information on companies...
- Mass. suit targets generic firms. Alexander, Antoinette // Drug Store News;10/6/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 13, p8
Reports on the Massachusetts Attorney General's filing of a lawsuit against leading generic prescription drug companies in September 2003. Allegations that the companies participated in pricing and marketing schemes that caused the state to overpay for generic drugs; Artificial inflation of the...
- Want a good. Boswell, Clay // ICIS Chemical Business;10/1/2007, Vol. 272 Issue 12, p6
The article focuses on counterfeit drugs. Their origin and effects have been discussed elaborately. India, United Arab Emirates (UAE) and China are the major source of these medicines which are a problem to developed as well underdeveloped nations. According to Peter Pitts, president of the New...