Can Telematics Sway Car Choice?
- Niche player has low-risk strategy. Kachadourian, Gail; Sedgwick, David // Automotive News;3/4/2002, Vol. 76 Issue 5973, p32
Profiles ATX Technologies Inc. telematics service for luxury car owners in Dallas, Texas. Cost of consumer advertising in ATX; Generation of revenue from each ATX customer; Absence of computer hardware costs in ATX.
- Users satisfied with telematics service. // RCR;01/10/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p19
Cites a survey commissioned by ATX Technologies Inc. which shows the satisfaction of consumers who have installed the company's telematics system in their vehicles. Enabling of users to a summon roadside assistance and remotely diagnose vehicle problems; Percentage of customers that would...
- Telematics more often a standard feature. Smith, Hilary // RCR;03/20/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p16
Focuses on the addition of telematics services in automobiles. Products and services offered by ATX Technologies Inc. and OnStar; Other telematics products.
- Telematics, Handsets to Ring Up Gains in 2004. // Printed Circuit Design & Manufacture;Feb2004, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p6
Deals with the potential increase in cellular handset shipments in the U.S. in 2004. Group of consumers which may drive the increase; Forecast on the expansion of telematics service providers OnStar and ATX Technologies; Number of handset units that may be shipped in 2004.
- ATX, TruePosition to develop telematics. // RCR;02/28/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p92
Reports partnership plans between ATX Technologies Inc. and TruePosition Inc. to develop telematic products and services in Dallas, Texas.
- Telematics' hyperbole contrary to today's reality. Smith, Hilary // RCR Wireless News;5/20/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 20, p3
Reports on the performance of telematics in the wireless communications market. Remarks from ATX Technologies vice president of external affairs Gary Wallace; Predictions on the future of telematics; Problems in the telematics industry.
- New Facility Could Drive ATX's IPO Plans. Felps, Bruce // Wireless Week;10/25/99, Vol. 5 Issue 43, p14
Focuses on the telematic deal between ATX Technologies Inc. and Mercedes-Benz. Information on the facility designed by ATX; Rate of ATX telematic customers per month; Significance of the facility.
- ATX, Trueposition team for telematics services. // Mobile Radio Technology;Apr2000, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p70
Reports the development of telematics products and services by the joint venture of ATX Technologies and Trueposition in the United States. Plans for telematics services trials; Services considered for the trials; Description of location-based services and Wireless Location System technology;...
- Telematics Draws Blanks From Most CE Dealers. Gilroy, Amy // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;07/26/99, Vol. 14 Issue 17, p30
Focuses on consumer electronics dealers' awareness of telematics. Wireless information sent to and from the car; Major providers of telematics services; GM OnStar's operation of a response center; ATX Technologies' test trials on telematics.