`Inside' Story On New Buildout
- Editorial: Special Issue on 'Advanced Technologies and Practices in Recent Wireless Sensor Networks'. Shon, Taeshik; Hsu, Ching-Hsien; Xing, Liudong // Wireless Personal Communications;Oct2011, Vol. 60 Issue 3, p385
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses various reports published in the issue including the circular polarization of antenna to improve the reception of ultra-high frequency (UHF) radio frequency identification (RFID) systems, the proposed biometric-based...
- Tag wrestling. // Design Engineering;Apr2002, p15
No abstract available.
- The Ultranet. Parkinson, John // CIO Insight;Nov2003, Issue 33, p31
Explores the convergence of radio frequency identification system, wireless mesh networks and ultracompact personal computers (PC) to create a pocket-size PC. Ability of the PC to perform secure transactions over the Internet; Peer-to-peer collaboration; Storage of large amount of personal data.
- CALENDAR OF EVENTS. // Antenna Systems & Technology;Spring2013, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p19
A calendar of events for the wireless communication industry for the period April-June 2013 is presented that includes the RFID 2013 conference on April 30-May 2, the International Microwave Symposium (IMS) 2013 on June 2-7, and the LTE World Summit 2013 on June 24-26.
- Pursuing a Return on Technology. Wise, Mary // Alki;Dec2004, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p5
Highlights the technologies presented at the 2004 joint conference of the Washington Library Association and the Pacific Northwest Library Association in Washington. Use of radio frequency identification system in sorting library materials; Features of the Vocera badges wireless communication...
- Names, Technologies Changing At CTIA's Annual Wireless Show. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;2/21/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p46
This article provides information on the Cellular Telecommunications Industry Association Wireless 2005 show in New Orleans, Louisiana. New names will grace the exhibitor marquee, with more Chinese handset suppliers with such names as BenQ and Futurewei turning up for the first time alongside...
- AVOID THE HYPE: REALIZE WIRELESS OPPORTUNITIES TODAY. Hargreaves, Steven // Supply Chain Europe;Sep2008, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p6
The author discusses the benefits that small-medium sized companies can get from wireless technologies. He mentions that the opportunity to streamline processes are missed out by businesses which postponed their investments on proven, low cost and low-risk wireless solutions as they wait for...
- Making Big Data a Big Deal. Roberti, Mark // RFID Journal;Jul/Aug2015, p5
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses the adoption of RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) technology by various sectors including companies, healthcare industry and professional sports industry which provides solutions to track the developments in their respective fields.
- RF Technologies enhances wireless call pendant. // Medical Device Daily;4/6/2012, Vol. 16 Issue 67, p3
The article announces the release by radio frequency identification (RFID) provider RF Technologies of new features to its wireless call pendant for the Code Alert Quick Response Premiere Wireless Call solution.