- Holidays Drive Explosion In U.K. Subscribers. Quigley, Paul // Wireless Week;01/17/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p22
Reports on the number of mobile customers in Great Britain. Prediction of the analysts on the number of people who would buy a mobile phone in fourth-quarter of 1999; Factor to which the fortunes of Orange company is attributed; Impact of the advertising campaign of Vodafone AirTouch PLC on the...
- Vodafone, Orange acquire Swiss stakes ahead of 3G auction. // RCR Wireless News;11/13/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 46, p30
Reports that Vodafone Group PLC and France Telecom's Orange PLC have both acquired stakes in the Swiss wireless market ahead of the country's Universal Mobile Telecommunications System auction, set to begin in November 2000.
- U.K. carriers see strong 4Q growth. // RCR;01/10/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p26
Reports on the subscriber growth of London, England-based wireless communication companies Vodafone AirTouch PLC, British Telecommunications PLC and Orange PLC in the fourth quarter of 1999. Increased demand for wireless communication services; Comparison with year-ago figures.
- Vodafone AirTouch, Orange drive up bidding in U.K. UMTS auction. Wendelken, Sandra // RCR;03/20/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p5
Reports on Vodafone AirTouch PLC and Orange PLC's bid for Universal Mobile Telecommunications System in Great Britain. Detail of the bids of other companies.
- France Telecom peels off Orange. Gohring, Nancy // Telephony;06/05/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 23, p12
Deals with the decision of Vodafone AirTouch to sell wireless communications company Orange to France Telecom. Cost of the acquisition; Role of the sale in Vodafone's purchase of universal mobile telecommunications system; Plans of France Telecom to enter the United States market; Percentage of...
- Orange hit with $110M Swedish penalty. O'Dywer, Gerard // RCR Wireless News;1/20/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p18
Reports on the penalty received by mobile telecommunication operator Orange company from its withdrawal from the third generation Infrastructure Services, a co-venture with Hutchison Whampoa Ltd. and Vodafone Group PLC. Objective of the co-venture; Significance of its decision to withdraw from...
- Ex-Orange team launch student mobile service. // Marketing Week;9/15/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 37, p5
Reports that former Orange Co. marketers have teamed up with Vodafone Group PLC to launch the Dot mobile phone services exclusively for students in Great Britain. Freddie Shirley, Steven Brabenec and Richard Sanderson's launch of the low-cost service; Marketing campaign for the service; Launch...
- Operators open up WAP billing. Pearse, Justin // New Media Age;6/24/2004, p1
Media owners and content providers will soon be able to benefit from the WAP billing mechanisms that have proved so successful on operator portals. Orange PLC is to launch a commercial offering, while Vodafone has opened up its m-pay WAP billing system as a commercial offering to third parties....
- Painting the map Orange. Daniels, Guy // Euronet;Jun2000, Issue 2, p6
France Telecom has become the proud owner of Great Britain wireless operator Orange. Life is interesting at Orange, the GSM1800 operator famed for its stylish marketing, products and service innovations. In the space of just a single year, the company has changed hands no less than three times....