Metricom Protects Network, Plans Share Offering
- Internet access hits the road. // R&D Magazine;June97, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p94
Reports on the introduction of a wireless system that delivers internet, e-mail and online capabilities to laptop computers without a phone line or Ethernet connections. Use of microcell radios attached to the tops of light poles.
- Unwiring the netheads. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;11/25/96, Vol. 231 Issue 22, p34
Presents Metricom's global plans for its wireless data service. Corporate goal; Market niche in the wide-open wireless access to the Internet, corporate intranets, e-mail and other data applications; Composition of Metricom's network architecture; Corporate philosophy on development and adoption...
- Ricochet bounces into Westchester, region. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;06/12/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 24, p6
Announces the plan of Metricom Inc. to expand its Ricochet wireless service into Westchester and metropolitan New York. Approvals gained by Metricom to install relays in New Rochelle and Pleasantville; Marketing strategy planned for the Ricochet service.
- Metricom offers affordable wireless net service. Bernier, Paula // Inter@ctive Week;2/10/97, Vol. 4 Issue 3, pI-5
Highlights Metricom Inc.'s offer of Ricochet wireless Internet services, affordable high-speed wireless mobile Internet access, in San Francisco Bay, Seattle and Washington D.C. Benefits of operating in an unlicensed spectrum; Operation of the net service; Deployment strategy; Balance of prices...
- Metricom targets travelers. // Telephony;06/02/97, Vol. 232 Issue 22, p242
Reports on Metricom Inc.'s expansion of its Ricochet wireless data network to major airports in the United States.
- Wireless network's fast, on-the-go access makes waves. Dipert, Brian // EDN;11/8/2001, Vol. 46 Issue 25, p49
Features the MicroCellular Data Network (MCDN) of Metricom Inc. Capabilities of the wireless networks; Specifications of the system; Use of 900-MHz band; Inclusion of modem per network client; Plans of Metricom.
- Speaking of wireless... // PC Week;4/17/95, Vol. 12 Issue 15, pN/1
Reports that Metricom will install shoe-box-sized radios on Palo Alto, Calif.'s streetlights to allow Ricochet wireless communication users to send and receive E-mail and access information sources such as America Online and the Internet.
- Metricom Backtracks With Dial-Up Service. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;05/07/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 19, p8
Reports on Metricom Incorporated's wireless data service called Ricochet Dial-Out. Two of the selling points of the service that will be eliminated; Advantages offered by Dial-Out to companies.
- Fizzle Or Sizzle, Wireless IPOs Keep On Coming. Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;04/03/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 14, p30
Deals with the increasing number of wireless communication companies that are planning initial public offerings (IPO) in the United States. Plans of some wireless companies to debut with the Nasdaq Composite Index; Percentage of year-to-date aftermarket performance for all IPO in 2000; Process...