Nextel Expands Into 900 MHz
- Nextel licenses Invertix software. // RCR Wireless News;2/12/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p57
Reports on the licensing of the ScanixT Packet Data wireless organization software from Invertix Corp. by Nextel Communications Inc.
- Chadmoore urges FCC to deny Nextel waiver request. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;02/14/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p31
Focuses on the opposition of Chadmoore Wireless Group Inc. to the waiver request of Nextel Communications Inc. in the United States. Request for permission in using frequencies close to the Canadian border; Sharing agreement with Clearnet Inc.; Protection of telecommunication companies from...
- U.S.-Mexico deal allows 800 MHz rebanding on border. Jackson, Donny // Urgent Communications Exclusive Insight;6/11/2012, p1
The article reports on the spectrum-sharing agreement for the 800 megahertz (MHz) band between the U.S. and Mexico. The agreement allows licensees of land mobile radio (LMR) networks that operate near the U.S.-Mexico border to start rebanding their system. Both countries have also a separate...
- Nextel Partners exercises territory expansion option. // RCR;07/24/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 30, p35
Reports the implementation of the option of Nextel Partners Inc. with Nextel Communications Inc. to expand licensed territories in the United States. List of targeted markets in different states; Provision of class B common stocks to Nextel Communications by Nextel Partners; Schedule for...
- Lucent wins Nextel contract. // RCR Wireless News;3/19/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p106
Reports on the license agreement between Nextel Communications Inc. and Lucent Technologies Inc.
- FCC Notes. // Mobile Radio Technology;Jul99, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p48
Reports the completion of the Local Multipoint Distribution Services auction by the Federal Comminications Commission (FCC). Dismissal of the license agreement between FCC and Nextel License Holdings 4; Awarding of the licences to United States and Puerto Rico areas; Request for information on...
- Sporting News. // License!;Mar2004, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p54
Cites news items related to the sports apparel and accessories industry in the U.S. as of March 2004. Nextel's launching of the NASCAR-theme mobile telephones; Deal between Major League baseball Properties and Reebok International Ltd.; Huffy Sports Co.'s deal with the National Soccer League.
- Is BearingPoint neutral? Tilles, Alan // Mobile Radio Technology;Mar2005, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p80
Focuses on the released of proposed rebanding schedule by Nextel Communication Inc. as accepted by the Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) 800 MZH reband order through Transition Administrator (TA). Basis for the FCC' request; Intension of the creation of firewall between TA...
- Ready, set, reband. Jackson, Donny // Mobile Radio Technology;May2005, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p22
The article focuses on issues related to rebanding process in the field of radio communication in the United States. Nextel Communications Inc. is the wireless carrier paying the rebanding bill. It may be months before 800 MHz licensees have definitive information regarding which tasks...