Satellite Poised For Growth
- Satellite radio beaming down to CES. Berger, Robin // Electronic Media;01/08/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p34
Reports on the increasing popularity of satellite radio mobile telecommunication devices at the 2000 Consumer Electronics Show, held in Las Vegas, Nevada. Features of different satellite radio products to be launched by various companies; Advantages of satellite radio over traditional mobile...
- Satellite, terrestrial DARS seen filling two distinct niches. Palenchar // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;01/17/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p33
Informs on issues discussed during a digital radio seminar at the 2000 Consumer Electronics Show. Sattelite-based digital radio service and terrestrial digital radio service seen as filling two distinct niches; Outline of the appeal of the technologies.
- Satellite toys. Blum, Stephen // Satellite Broadband;Feb2001, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p35
Offers a look at the direct-to-home broadband services introduced by satellite broadcasting companies at the 2001 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Nevada. Core business of United States direct broadcast satellite companies; High definition television set unveiled by Thomson Multimedia;...
- TiVo in 2000. // Electronic News;01/17/2000, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p14
Details the participation of TiVo, provider of personal television service in Sunnyvale, California at the Consumer Electronics Show 2000. Launching of the first satellite receiver to deliver DIRECTV programming and its own personal TV service; Added feature to the service of TiVo; Alliance...
- Galileo Breakthrough While Obstacles Remain. // GPS World;May2003, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p14
Reports on a prolonged stalemate among European Space Agency members over their roles and share of the Galileo Satellite project. Agreement between Germany and Italy on a proposal for their shares in the project; Amount that the European transport ministers shared for the program; Purpose of...
- STM WIRELESS GETS INTRANET ORDER FROM SINO SECURITY NETWORK. // Worldwide Telecom;May2000, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p6
Reports on the purchase order received by STM Wireless Inc., a satellite communications solutions provider, from China Orient Telecom Satellite Co., Ltd.
- NEW SKIES STRENGTHENS ASIA-PACIFIC OFFERINGS WITH REACH PACT. // Worldwide Telecom;Mar2003, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p7
Reports the agreement signed between New Skies Satellites N.V. and REACH, Asia's international carrier of combined voice, private line and IP data services, that will combine the capabilities of New Skies' NSS-6 pan-Asian satellite and REACH's satellite gateway in Hong Kong.
- Strong orders signal end of slump for... // Aviation Week & Space Technology;12/19/1988-12/26/1988, Vol. 129 Issue 25, p85
The end of the communications satellite slump has been reached, as over $1 billion worth of new orders were placed in 1988 and more than 15 launches are scheduled for 1989.
- Mobile satellite communications firms... Nordwall, B.D. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;12/19/1988-12/26/1988, Vol. 129 Issue 25, p89
Mobile satellite communications services will grow into a large market in the next decade, with a stronger initial demand for navigation and position-location services. Revenues are expected to top $1 billion by 1995. Outlook; Competition.