746-806 MHz Creates A Regulatory Melee
- ITA supports Motorola on refarming. // RCR;05/05/97, Vol. 16 Issue 18, p6
Reports that the Industrial Telecommunications Association Incorporated has filed with the Federal Communications Commision in regards to Motorola Incorporated's petition for clarification in refarming development. Details on Motorola's support of the commission's efforts in refarming;...
- PCS in the U.S.: Winners and losers in the wireless marketplace. Siber, Richard // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Jan94, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p87
Discusses the impact of US Federal Communications Commission ruling on personal communications systems. Companies making long-term network and programming commitments; Industry groups lobbying against FCC; Highlights of the PCS ruling; Comments asked by FCC; Factors having negative impact on...
- FCC says C-Quam is AM stereo. SS // Broadcasting & Cable;11/1/93, Vol. 123 Issue 44, p14
Reports on a Federal Communications Commission (FCC) ruling which made Motorola's C-Quam AM stereo system the new national standard. AM stereo developer Leonard Kahn's campaign against C-Quam; FCC's policy on AM stereo; Details of the decision.
- ITA to be first contact on interference complaints. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;05/04/98, Vol. 17 Issue 18, p6
Reports on the signing of a memorandum between the United States Federal Communications Commission and the Industrial Telecommunications Association (ITA). Information on the memorandum; When the memorandum was announced; What the memorandum outlines.
- ITA issues petition on refarming proceeding. // RCR;05/26/97, Vol. 16 Issue 21, p15
Reports on a petition filed on the Second Report and Order in the Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) refarming proceedings by the Industrial Telecommunications Association Incorporated (ITA). Charges made by the association; What the ITA believe the FCC's decision was based on; Details...
- UTC counters ITA refarming blueprint with a plan of its own. Wayne, Debra // RCR;02/10/97, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p11
Reports on issue taken by the Utilities Telecommunications Council (UTC), with a blueprint regarding pool consolidation floated at the Federal Communications Commission by the Industrial Telecommunications Association. Claims of UTC; Plans to protect railroad and airport frequencies.
- ITA could participate in guard band auction. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;03/27/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 13, p4
Reports that the Industrial Telecommunications Association Inc. might participate in the United States Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) auction of guard-band spectrum licenses. Number of guard-band spectrum licenses to be auctioned by the federal agency; Creation of two guard bands by...
- Motorola gets FCC approval. // Electronic News;5/29/95, Vol. 41 Issue 2067, p16
Reports on the US Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) granting of approval to Motorola's Advanced Messaging Systems Division (AMSD) to provide fixed-base transmitters for Narrowband personal communications services (PCS) messaging systems. FCC's previous approval of Motorola's fixed-base...
- Mixed reviews for new PCS scheme. Stern, Christopher // Broadcasting & Cable;6/6/94, Vol. 124 Issue 23, p10
Reports on the possibility of US Federal Communications Commission's adoption of Motorola's proposal on the revisions of its personal communications system (PCS) spectrum plan. Description of Motorola's proposal; Benefits and advantages from adopting Motorola's proposal.