- THE IMPACTS OF MINIMUM WAGES ON THE LABOR MARKET. POPESCU, GHEORGHE H. // Journal of Self-Governance & Management Economics;2014, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p117
Over the past decade, there has been increasing evidence describing the labor market impacts of minimum wages, the results of minimum wage rises, the consequence of the minimum wage on concerned employees, and employment effects of minimum wages. The mainstay of the paper is formed by an...
- Do Minimum Wages Raise the NAIRU? Tulip, Peter // Working Papers -- U.S. Federal Reserve Board's Finance & Economi;2000, p1
This paper questions whether a high minimum wage, compared to average wages, raises nominal wage growth and inflation. This effect can be offset by extra unemployment where the minimum wage increases the Non-Accelerating Inflation Rate of Unemployment (NAIRU) of model specification and sample...
- Desperately seeking employment. Barnes, Celia // Warsaw Business Journal;5/6/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 18, p1
Reports the impact of the increasing unemployment rate on the creation of the 'First Job' program in Poland. Inclusion of tax breaks to encourage graduates to start their own business; Provision of work experience deal; Government changes of the minimum wage.
- Unemployment not affected by new wage. Maldonado, Jose E. // Caribbean Business;10/31/1996, Vol. 24 Issue 43, p34
States that the increase in Puerto Rico's minimum wage will not affect its unemployment levels. Hourly minimum wage that went into effect on October 1, 1996; Businessmen's concern over the effect of the wage hike on their operations; Provisions in minimum wage law.
- Minimal evidence. Zycher, Benjamin // Reason;Jun95, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p44
Focuses on the effects of raising the minimum wage on the rate of unemployment. Competitive union pay scales; Determination of the wage rates; Card/Krueger New Jersey-Pennsylvania Study; Card California Study; Katz/Krueger Study of Texas.
- KSH: Unemployment drops 2.7 percentage points. // Hungary A.M.;11/28/2014, p5
The article reports that the overall unemployment rate in Hungary decreased by 2.7 points year-on-year which included "fostered workers" who get government benefits which are less than the minimum wage for working.
- THE ROAD TO RECOVERY. Villamil, José J. // Caribbean Business;12/12/2013, Vol. 41 Issue 48, p13
The article focuses on the implication of minimum wage increase on unemployment rate, working poor population, and economy of Puerto Rico.
- Statistical stumblings. Balls, Ashley // NZ Business;Jun2010, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p64
The article argues against claims that the minimum wage is one of the reasons for unemployment in New Zealand. The author claims that unemployment is usually the fault of an employer and there is quick remedy for it. To support this argument, it is pointed out that the unemployment rates in...
- INDICATOR. // People Management;8/7/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 16, p39
The article presents statistics on employment and employee management in Great Britain which include the percentage of unemployment, the national minimum wage rate, and average pay rate of drivers.