HOW I GOT WHERE I AM TODAY
- COMPLETE THIS SENTENCE…. // People Management;5/21/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p62
The article features Daryon Eldridge, human resources (HR) and training consultant at Eldridge People Solutions. She says that she would be a garden designer if she was not in HR. According to Eldridge, her most embarrassing moment was at a job interview, when she accidentally headbutted the...
- MANAGEMENT'S DILEMMA: TO TRAIN OR NOT TO TRAIN PEOPLE. Scott, Ralph K. // Training & Development Journal;Feb78, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p3
Focuses on the dilemma faced by managers in deciding on whether their people should or should not receive training. Ways in which people unconsciously react to their daily experiences and effect behavior adjustments; Differences in people's concept of comfort; Ways by which managers approach...
- In Practice. // Training & Development Journal;Apr85, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p10
Reports on developments concerning corporate training and development in the U.S. as of April 1985. Salary level of executives; Strategies to promote the employment and employability of high-risk young people; Survey results indicating a trend towards bloated staff sizes.
- Managing to change. // Works Management;Nov2000, Vol. 53 Issue 11, p48
Comments on the job responsibilities of first line managers for training and managing human resources in the workplace. Advantage of the managers' detailed knowledge of the process; Questions on which management approach is the most appropriate for managers.
- CHINESE PUZZLE. Sloman, Martyn // People Management;1/11/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p40
This article discusses how the Chinese human resource (HR) community can ensure the workforce is equipped to meet the demands of the future. A study showed that the role of learning, training and development in China would be fundamentally the same with other countries. It is suggested that HR...
- Tips for Winning Over the Training Resistant. // Workforce (10928332);Dec2001, Vol. 80 Issue 12, p72
Answers several questions related to human resource management. Tips for encouraging managers to undergo training; How to motivate a solicitor in a law firm to meet his yearly budget halfway through the year; Examples of how companies calculate the cost of internal training for their employees.
- MAJOR CHALLENGES TO THE EFFECTIVE MANAGEMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCE TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT ACTIVITIES. ABDULLAH, Haslinda // Journal of International Social Research;Aug2009, Vol. 2 Issue 8, p11
Human resource training and development (HR T&D) in manufacturing firms is a critical aspect of the development of a knowledge-workforce in Malaysia. The objective of this study is to examine challenges to the effective management of HR T&D activities in manufacturing firms in Malaysia. In order...
- How to spot talent in your employee ranks. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;7/12/2013, Issue 324677, p26
The article discusses five tips on identifying employees with potentials of a manager or leader including enthusiasm in work, collaboration with coworkers and testing their managerial skills.
- Gone is the Corporate Doberman. Janov, Jill E. // Training & Development Journal;Jul85, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p46
Discusses key changes in the functions and image of human resource development (HRD) professionals in the U.S. Origins of the personnel management function; Impact of radical corporate restructurings on the role of HRD professionals in management; Implications on manpower development.