WHY MANAGERS NEED TO GO BACK TO BASICS
- Strategy 101. Kaplan, Joseph S. // Leadership Excellence Essentials;Jul2005, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p10
Presents ways on how senior managers can make a difference with their communications with employees. Prioritization of communication as a core leadership competency; Assessment of capability and needs; Commitment to regular follow-up.
- Bringing HR and Finance Together with Analytics. Higgins, Jeff // HR Magazine;Nov2014, Vol. 59 Issue 11, p44
The article discusses the importance of communications and language in human resources (HR) management, and the use of standard metrics by HR in translating business language and showing the value of human capital. Topics covered include why HR professionals must learn the language of business...
- A commitment to trust. Wilmot, Richard E. // Communication World;Mar/Apr2007, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p34
The article discusses the author's experiences as a business communicator trying to foster trust within his business organizations. The author stresses the importance of organizational trust, which is clearly linked to the level of employee performance within a company. He has found that by far...
- Rebuilding organizational trust. Galford, Robert // Communication World;Mar/Apr2007, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p37
The article discusses the "REPAIR" model of repairing broken trust within a business organization. REPAIR consists of recognizing the intensity of the loss of trust, examining where the breach occurred and where the damage was done, placing the issue out there, acknowledging its impact on the...
- SOURCES OF JOB RELATED AMBIGUITY AND THEIR CONSEQUENCES UPON SALESPERSONS' JOB SATISFACTION AND PERFORMANCE. Behrman, Douglas N.; Bigoness, William J.; Perreault Jr., William D. // Management Science;Nov81, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p1246
This study presents a conceptual model relating four sources of job related ambiguity and two individual difference variables (locus of control and need for clarity) to salesperson job satisfaction and job performance. Previous research related to the model is briefly reviewed. Then, drawing...
- Leadership Strategies During Mergers and Acquisitions. Messmer, Max // Strategic Finance;Jan2006, Vol. 87 Issue 7, p15
The article focuses on the leadership strategies during mergers and acquisitions of companies. The author believes that for employees of a company that has recently undergone a merger or acquisition, the change can be difficult. Employees can view the change with apprehension or confusion. The...
- Northern Rail. // Human Resources (09648380);Jul2009, Special section p12
The article praises the comprehensive, practical and multidimensional approach to internal communications by train operating company Northern Rail Ltd. in Great Britain in 2009. The company prioritizes proper dissemination of information among its employees to ensure coherence in the business...
- TALKING POINT. Crabb, Steve // People Management;7/29/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 15, p5
Introduces a series of articles on personnel management.
- The Savior-Martyr Complex. Rosenberg, Steven // Nonprofit World Report;May/Jun85, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p25
Focuses on the savior-martyr complex attitude of a number supervisors in organizations. Description of the attitude; Tips for avoiding unhealthy situations brought about by such attitude; Specifications for repairing strain that savior-martyr manipulations have engendered.