NO PLACE TO DISCRIMINATE IN PRIVATE
- Calling time on chronology. Yandall, Paul // Personnel Today;10/19/2004, p23
The article reports on recent debate age neutral job application forms. Human Resource (HR) directors talking at a recent debate on age discrimination agreed that age-neutral recruitment was a worthwhile sentiment, but extremely difficult to implement in practice. The Employers Forum on Age and...
- EEOC Charge Filings for 2002 Up 4.5% over 2001. Bryant, Margaret // Venulex Legal Summaries;2003 Q1, p1
The article reports on the increase in racial discrimination charge filings with the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission for the fiscal year 2002. The statistics show that the average time for the Commission to process a private sector charge declined to 171 days during the fiscal year....
- Today's Workplace Can Lead to More Than Stress. Cox Jr., Thomas A. // Atlanta Tribune;Jun2013, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p21
The article discusses work related legal complaints spawned by the workplace that has become a place of stress and conflict. According to the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, nearly 100,000 discrimination charges were filed by private sector workplace employees in 2012. The Great...
- HR's gender pay gap shames profession. Millar, Michael // Personnel Today;9/21/2004, p1
The article reports that human resource (HR) profession, supposedly the guardians of equality in the workplace, is paying female HR managers on average Â£ 8,000 less than their male counterparts. Research of almost 22,000 people across private and public sectors for the National Management...
- Gender study project will propose solution. Kuchar, Vladimir // Prague Business Journal;4/21/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 15, p1
Reports on a study that will address gender equality problems in Czech Republic. Employment discrimination of women; Enforcement of gender equality rules; Promotion of enterprises among women.
- Age equality policies on increase in recruitment. Doke, Deedee // Recruiter;11/24/2010, p8
The article reports on the 11% increase on age equality policies in recruitment in Great Britain since 2004-2005.
- The Relationship of Race and Outcomes of Non-Standard Labor. Wiens-Tuers, Barbara A. // Journal of Economic Issues (Association for Evolutionary Economi;Jun98, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p575
Investigates contributory factors of employment inequality in general as it affects minority workers in particular. Overview the structure of standard and non-standard employment arrangements; Examination of the categories of employment for differences and whether there are distinct outcomes...
- End all discrimination for a brighter future. Bean, Sara // Occupational Health;Oct2005, Vol. 57 Issue 10, p8
Introduces topics referring to the issue of discrimination and equality in the workplace.
- Beware 'demotions' that merely strip duties. // HR Weekly;10/20/2014, Vol. 2 Issue 42, p2
The article focuses on federal appeals court's ruling that suffering of an adverse employment action need to be demonstrated by employees alleging discrimination or retaliation for engaging in protected activity.