RETIREMENT QUESTIONS RESOLVED
- CONSULTATION WATCH. // Employers Law;Sep2010, p5
The article focuses on some consultations by the British government including the proposals to dissolve the default retirement age by October 1, 2010 and the draft guidance to assist with the interpretation of disability under the Equality Act 2010.
- The XpertHR weekly podcastï¿½. // Employers Law;Apr2011, p6
The article highlights the discussion during the XpertHR weekly podcast on April 1 and 8, 2011 regarding the legal obstacles facing employers wishing to retain a compulsory retirement age after the default retirement age and associated statutory retirement procedure is abolished.
- HR CORNER. // Manager: British Journal of Administrative Management;Spring2011, Issue 74, p21
The article offers the author's insights on various issues related to employment rules in Great Britain including increases in statutory payments that are being released weekly, abolition of default retirement age, and the Equal Treatment for Agency Workers legislation which becomes law on...
- Calling time on retirement age. Munro, Ann // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;7/23/2010, Vol. 200 Issue 4637, p42
The article provides informaton on the debates regarding the default retirement age (DRA) in Great Britain currently set to 65 years of age. It describes the law of retirement where the employer is obliged to inform the employees about their retirement 12 months in advance and consider their...
- WORKPLACE RIGHTS CARRY ON WORKING. Burd, Michael; Davies, James // Management Today;Oct2010, p14
The article reports on the confirmation of the British government to pursue its plan to fight the law that permits employers to force employees to retire at 65 years old.
- Date set for abolition of the default retirement age. // Employers Law;Feb2011, p5
The article reports on the confirmation by the British government regarding the phase out of the default retirement age (DRA) starting April 2011 despite calls from businesses to delay the process.
- employment law timetable. // Employers Law;Apr2011, p4
The article presents a timetable of employment legislation in April 2011 including the increase in the rate of statutory maternity, paternity and adoption pay, the introduction of the Single equality duty under Section 149 of the Equality Act, and the abolishment of the default retirement age.
- COURTROOM ROUND-UP. Aikin, Olga // People Management;1/25/1996, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p43
Deals with labor court cases. Possible retirement ages; Basis of unfair dismissal.
- OUR HR COLUMNIST. Kearney, Vance // People Management;10/13/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 20, p46
The author focuses on the changes in retirement laws in Great Britain. He states that imminent changes in the legislation will make retirement unenforceable. He notes that with the proposal of lawmakers of the right to request to continue working, age will no longer be a legal reason for...