DON'T IGNORE CALLS TO COMMUNICATE
- Amicus v Macmillan Publishers Limited. // Employers Law;Sep2007, p8
The article reports that Macmillan Publishers has been fined Â£55,000 for failing to comply with the Information and Consultation of Employees Regulations 2004 being implemented in Great Britain. The regulations require employers to set up information and consultation arrangements to ensure...
- LEGAL CHECKLIST. // People Management;6/14/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p23
The article provides information on several employment law-related cases in Great Britain. In the case Tresury Solicitor's Department v. Chenge, Chenge claimed his race was the reason he failed to obtain a holiday placement with the Government Legal Service. The application of the Information...
- Courtroom round-up. Aikin, Olga // People Management;11/30/1995, Vol. 1 Issue 24, p41
Presents British courts' decision on several cases involving employees' rights. Dismissal of union activist at Chemical Limited; Dispute on seniority rights caused by the merging of British Airways and British Caledonian; Confusion on the time limits for claims based on European law.
- Comp benefit offset rejected. Lenckus, Dave // Business Insurance;8/26/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 34, p1
Reports a court ruling offsetting federal longshoreman workers compensation benefits of an injured worker by settlements in San Francisco, California. Inequities of the Longshore and Harbor Workers' Compensation Act; Aggregation of the rule; Provisions of the act.
- Be careful when hiring, firing . . . and other legal pointers. Scheider, Darlene // Wenatchee Business Journal;Jan2003, Vol. 17 Issue 1, pC7
Analyzes several court decisions concerning employment cases in Wenatchee, Washington state. Right of every employers to discharge employees without cause according to Washington common law; Cautious employers about giving job references; Overview of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Macmillan Sexism Suit Settled for $1.9 Million. // School Library Journal;Mar86, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p88
Reports that book publisher Macmillan Publishing Co. has reached a settlement for a class-action lawsuit filed against it in the United States in 1978. Terms of the settlement; Allegations charged against the firm; Other details of the case.
- Franczek-Sullivan labor & employment report. Hall, Pamela B.; Dillon, Erika // Corporate Legal Times;Oct96, Vol. 6 Issue 59, p49
Presents various United States' (U.S.) courts rulings pertaining to labor and employment issues. Information on the ruling in the case `Eckles versus Consolidated Rail, 1996 U.S. Appeals LEXIS 20403 (7th Circuit August 14, 1996); Examples of other cases and rulings.
- Wages against the machine. Aikin, Olga // People Management;9/27/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 19, p19
Presents several court rulings on cases related to wages in Great Britain. Dunlop Tyres Ltd. versus Blow and others; Laird versus A.K. Stoddard Ltd.; Unifi versus Union Bank of Nigeria Plc; Highlights of the cases.
- OHIO LABOR LAW UPHELD ON APPEAL. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;10/15/2001, Vol. 247 Issue 16, p15
Reports the ruling of the court of labor agreements on state-funded projects in Ohio. Legality of the Open Contracting Act; Details of the law; Implications of the law.