Hain feels the heat over Remploy closure plans
- Major firms angry after safety summit exclusion. Prior, Grant // Contract Journal;8/29/2007, Vol. 439 Issue 6640, p42
The article reports that the biggest players in construction have been told they are not invited to the meeting organised by work and pensions secretary Peter Hain for September 17, 2007 in London, England. The summit is aimed at smaller firms working in the housing and refurbishment sectors,...
- YAI/National Institute for People with Disabilities Network 29th Annual International Conference. // Exceptional Parent;Feb2008, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p13
The article offers information on the 29th Annual International Conference of the YAI/National Institute for People with Disabilities Network (NIPD) to be held at the Crowne Plaza Manhattan Hotel in New York City on May 5-9, 2008.
- ISWC WORLD CONGRESS. // Exceptional Children;Apr1956, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p315
The article announces that the seventh world congress of the International Society for the Welfare of Cripples will be held in London, England.
- COSA forum. Shepherd, Mark // Palaestra;Winter98, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p12
Presents information on the Committee on Sports for the Disabled (COSD) meeting of the Quadrennium in Orlando, Florida on October 30 through November 1, 1997. Information on the disability issues which were discussed; Calls for the committee members to communicate more with the disability...
- Meeting notes. // Palaestra;Spring98, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p11
Focuses on the meeting held by the Committee on Sports for the Disabled (COSD) in Portland, Oregon from April 3 to 5, 1998. Information on the opening remarks given by Mike Cavanaugh, chair of the COSD; Overview given to members of the Winter Paralympic Games in 1998; Examination of the reports...
- Empower yourself with Knowledge and Information at the 2003 WCD Conference Program. // Exceptional Parent;Jul2003, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p57
Highlights the World Congress and Exposition on Disabilities conference which will be held on September 18-20, 2003 at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Florida. Coverage of the meeting; Focus on the improving the quality of life for children and adults with disabilities; Creation...
- A new quandrennium, a new committee. // Palaestra;Fall97, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p12
Presents detailed information pertaining to the meeting of the Committee on Sports for the Disabled (COSD) held June 6-8, 1997. Focus of discussion at meeting.
- 1977 White House Conference on Handicapped to have Input from the states. // Exceptional Children;May1976, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p477
The article offers information on the forthcoming White House Conference on Handicapped, for 1977.
- Pacific Rim Conference. // PN;Feb2011, Vol. 65 Issue 2, p66
The article offers brief information on a conference titled â€œHumanity: Advancing Inclusion, Equality, and Diversity,â€ the 27th Annual Pacific Rim International Conference on Disabilities, that will take place April 18â€“19, 2011 in Hawaii.