City firms join forces to promote diversity
- Diversity Training Goes to Court. // Training & Development;Nov91, Vol. 45 Issue 11, p11
Discusses issues related to diversity in the workplace in the U.S. Concerns expressed by business leaders about how to manage a changing workforce; Lawsuit against Lucky Stores for disriminatory practices.
- We're Not Done. Yet. Morabito, Cheri // Profiles in Diversity Journal;Nov/Dec2009, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p2
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one on the significance of diversity of the workforce in the marketing industry, one on the differences between diversity and inclusion of the workforce, and one on the celebration of the Alaska Native/National American...
- White Males See Diversity's Other Side. Flynn, Gillian // Workforce (10928332);Feb99, Vol. 78 Issue 2, p52
Presents information on the effect of diversity in the workplace to white males. Social aspects of diversity; How diversity programs contribute to discrimination; Problems arising from diversity training.
- How I see HR. Jordan, Jonathan // Personnel Today;3/10/2009, p33
The article discusses the main functions of human resources (HR) department and highlights the qualities essential for HR director. It states that HR needs to provide three main functions including driving procedural efficiencies, representing the views of the people on the front line and...
- the editors' blog. // Personnel Today;4/15/2008, p18
The article presents the author's views on the role of Human Resource (HR) personnel in adopting greater diversity in recruitment. The author quotes Dawn Spalding that while most in HR recognise the opportunities that greater diversity can deliver, few employers have fully embraced them. He...
- Evolving Diversity, Building Resources. Padilla, Diane T. // Business NH Magazine;Feb2003, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p16
Reports on the advantages and challenges of diversity in the workplace in New Hampshire. Language barriers of employees; Cultural growth within the business organization; Voluntary compliance with federal laws prohibiting job discrimination.
- Diversity pays, doesn't it? Smith, Paul // New Zealand Management;Feb2000, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p24
Discusses the findings of the `Equal Employment Opportunities Trust' survey regarding diversity in the workforce in New Zealand. Value of diversity for employers; Wage gap between men and women; Discrimination problems in business; Problems associated with the diversity in the workforce. ...
- Maximize exit interview feedback. // Sell!ng;Apr2005, p14
Presents tips on conducting an exit interview. Involvement of a human resources representative; Importance of dealing with employee's claim of mistreatment or discrimination; Structure of questioning.
- Who should pay tribunal costs? Hill, Julie // Personnel Today;11/18/2008, p6
The article discusses the increasing number of claims and payouts to employment tribunals due to which HR professionals are eager to take controversial measures to slash the number of cases reaching this stage. As reported, awards for unfair dismissal, religious and sexual orientation...