Textbook Sales To Foreign Markets Show Slight Third Quarter Rise
- Textbooks at a Bargain. // University Business;Mar2005, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p19
Focuses on urShelf.com, a Web site created by Geoffrey Cox and his colleagues at the New Jersey Institute of Technology, which allows students to buy and sell textbooks from each other at reduced prices. Recommendation of Cox that users sell books for forty percent of the original cost;...
- Addressing Students' Financial Constraints in my Teaching and Advising. // NACTA Journal;Mar2014, Vol. 58 Issue 1-4, p180
The article offers the author's insights on how to address financial constraints of students based from his 35 years of experience in teaching. The author mentions the advantage of renting academic books compared to purchasing books, selling of one's books back to the campus bookstore, and he...
- Childrenâ€™s Literature in Emerging Indian Markets. Ghai, S. // Publishing Research Quarterly;Dec2009, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p264
Childrenâ€™s literature is essentially different from textbooks used in classrooms. It was primarily developed in India after the establishment of Childrenâ€™s Book Trust and National Book Trust in 1957. A truly multilingual phenomenon, Amar Chitra Katha was developed by India Book...
- Buy the Book. Maloney, Stephen // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);1/8/2007, Vol. 27 Issue 28, p21
The article reports on the problem concerning the increasing price of textbooks available at the bookstores in Louisiana. The condition has prompted students to look for alternatives where they can purchase books at lower prices. The Amazon.COM has been a popular online clearinghouse selling...
- Advertising Profiles. Joel, Richard; Wright, John S. // Journal of Advertising;Winter79, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p48
This article profiles advertising teacher and consultant Clyde Bedell, author of the book "How to Write Advertising That Sells." The author explains the impact he felt when he met Bedell for the first time and the contributions that Bedell made to the field of advertising copywriting. The...
- Instructional materials for diverse learners. Tyree, Rhonda Beach; Fiore, Thomas A. // Remedial & Special Education;Nov94, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p363
Suggests features and considerations for the design of an ideal textbook. Accommodation of diverse learners; Text characteristics; Audience appropriateness; Features that enhance interest; Text organization; Dominance of important context.
- Behind the lines. Curtis, G. // Texas Monthly;Oct88, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p5
Opinion. Discusses the differences and similarities in textbooks of the early 1900s and today.
- Buy the book. Diegmueller, Karen // Education Week;10/25/95, Vol. 15 Issue 8, Book Smart p3
Reports on the American textbook publishing industry. Responding to educational trends instead of creating them; Dominant place of the textbook in education; Reliance of industry on market research, teacher focus groups, advisory committees and questionnaires; Foreseeing the kinds of products...
- School texts: the outlook of teachers. Rogers, V. // Education Digest;Jan1989, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p24
Vincent Rogers discusses the results of a survey that indicates a discrepancy between teachers' opinions and those of critics concerning textbooks. Recommends seeking the opinions of teachers.