All About Core
- THE ULTIMATE FITNESS PLAN 2010. // Women's Health;Jan/Feb2010, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p110
The article describes the Ultimate Fitness Plan developed by "Women's Health." A chart showing a six week program which includes strength-training circuits and a cardio workout is presented. The exercise tools needed to complete the plan are resistance band loop, resistance band with handles,...
- Sample Class: Abdominal/Core Circuit. Sheron, Aileen // IDEA Fitness Journal;Jun2008, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p81
The article suggests an abdominal and core circuit exercise class. The format of the class is a circuit that focuses on the abdominals and core. It lasts about 30 to 40 minutes. Equipment needed for the class include medicine balls, stability balls, mats, weights, weighted bars, among others....
- Practical Pilates Training with a Small Stability Ball. Bender, Leslee // American Fitness;Jan/Feb2004, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p56
Presents several Pilates exercises. Anatomy of core muscles; Examples of postural problems; Exercises using a stability ball.
- QUESTIONS: "Practical Pilates Training with a Small Stability Ball" // American Fitness;Jan/Feb2004, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p63
Provides a quiz on Pilates exercises using the stability ball.
- STEP UP. Suchow, Eva; Ambrose, Janice; Hamlin, Lisa J. // American Fitness;May/Jun2004, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p6
Presents letters to the editor referencing articles and topics discussed in previous issues. "Practical Pilates Training With a Small Stability Ball," which focused on stability ball; Commentary on the spinal forward flexion exercise.
- DON'T MISS: Bootcamp Pilates. // Pink Paper;5/27/2011, p4
The article offers information on London, England's first Reformer Pilates company, Bootcamp Pilates' fitness classes showing city dwellers the way to get physically and mentally fit through specialist exercise machines and professional trainers.
- Make Room for Exercise. Repinski, Karyn // Prevention;Dec2005, Vol. 57 Issue 12, p101
The article presents some suggestions for space-saving exercise equipment which cover all the fitness bases of cardio, strength, and flexibility. Smart dumbbells by ProBell allow you to dial in how much weight you want on the dumbbell. Gymnic Plus has exercise balls that can be used for...
- TIGHT & MIGHTY. Everson, Cory // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Sep2005, Vol. 66 Issue 9, p232
Focuses on the advantages of performing Pilates movements on an exercise ball. Health benefits of performing Pilates exercises; Ways to perform Pilates-based exercises on an exercise ball.
- 2010 IDEA FITNESS PROGRAMS & EQUIPMENT TRENDS. Schroeder, Jan; Dotan, Shawn // IDEA Fitness Journal;Jul/Aug2010, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p22
The article discusses the results of a survey conducted by this magazine concerning the 2010 trends in physical fitness programs and equipment in the U.S. It was found that most choreographed exercise formats are in decline in favor of small group training and pilates. Some of the most...