A New World Order
- Sustainable design and Ecotourism seminar. Slatyer, Prue // Architecture Australia;Mar/Apr95, Vol. 84 Issue 2, p22
Focuses on a seminar in collaboration with the World Congress on Adventure Travel and Ecotourism. Summoms of seminar; Where seminar was held; Date of conference.
- Wild Luxury. Hontz, Jenny // Newsweek (Atlantic Edition);4/6/2009 (Atlantic Edition), Vol. 153 Issue 14/15, p77
The article focuses on luxury ecotourism and the ecotourism company Wilderness Safaris. A list of African ecotourism destinations is provided and includes the Xigera Camp in Botswana, Duba Plains Camp in Botswana, and Serra Cafema Camp in Namibia. The importance of tourism to the economy and...
- Take-off in adventure holidays. Richardson, Dave // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;3/8/2004, Issue 2604, p52
Reports on the growing popularity of soft-adventure travel in Latin America. Involvement of specialist operators; Increase in demand for ecotourism, wildlife and activity options.
- Still Amazing. Doungjit, Chanchai // Travel Agent;9/5/2011 Thailand Travel Supplement, Vol. 339, p3
An introduction is presented in which the author discusses various reports within the issue on topics including green tourism, the 100 Green Leaf hotels in Thailand and adventure travel.
- Adventure the Easy Way. Olearchik, James // Travel Agent;2/9/2004, Vol. 315 Issue 9, p44
Describes adventure tours in Central and South America offered by EcoRepublic. Emphasis on soft adventure and ecotourism; Role as a resource to travel agents and travelers; Invitation for properties and adventure cruises in various countries to participate in the group; Responsibilities of...
- Tigers and Pygmies. Doebele, Justin // Forbes Asia;4/23/2007, Vol. 3 Issue 7, p70
The author discusses the efforts of British entrepreneur Brett Melzer to open up Myanmar to adventure travel business and ecotourism. He will open Malikha Lodge in the village of Mulashidi, a few miles from Putao, the northernmost Burmese city. Persuading travelers to overlook the government's...
- Tourism a fast-growing industry. // Northern Ontario Business;Mar2004, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p18
Focuses on the growth of Northern Ontario's tourism industry. Number of employees in the industry; Increase in the number of people coming north in the winter for snowmobile touring and ice fishing; Increased activity in the ecoutourism and adventure tourism sectors; Amount of cooperation...
- Save the World in a Week: Volunteer Tourism, Development and Difference. Vodopivec, Barbara; Jaffe, Rivke // European Journal of Development Research;Feb2011, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p111
Des formes de tourisme alternatif telles que l'Ã©co-tourisme deviennent de plus en plus importantes, tant dans les dÃ©bats que les pratiques de dÃ©veloppement. Cet article s'intÃ©resse au volontariat international, un type de tourisme particulier qui se dÃ©roule dans le cadre de...
- into the Wilderness. // Travel Weekly Australia;8/17/2007 Supplement, p6
The article presents information on several tourism destinations in Tasmania. The Great Walks on the Tasman Peninsula offers walkers a Three Capes Track concept, combining, walking and water experience. Tourists can save money by taking their vehicle aboard The Spirit of Tasmania, two ships...