- December Captures Greatest Monthly Sales in Sporting Goods Stores. // NSGA Athletic Footwear News;4/1/2010, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p2
The article reports that December 2009 accounted for 13.3 percent of total sales of sporting good stores in the U.S. in 2009, according to the Monthly Retail Trade Survey.
- Monthly Retail Trade Report: January Sporting Goods Store Sales Flat. // NSGA Athletic Footwear News;4/1/2010, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p2
The article reports that sales in sporting goods stores in the U.S. in January 2010 were flat, according to the Monthly Retail Trade Survey.
- Weekly Internet Poll. // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);8/16/2006, Vol. 103 Issue 18, p12
The article focuses on an online survey on whether the Cabela's sporting goods store in Texas is living up to its publicity.
- Kimmel opens outlet in Cd'A, its third store. McLean, Mike // Journal of Business (10756124);11/8/2007, Vol. 22 Issue 23, pA6
The article reports that sports equipment supplier, Kimmel Athletic Supply Co., has opened a retail store in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. According to the author, the store will be Kimmel's third outlet and will be located in a 2,600-square-foot space in a multitenant retail building at the northwest...
- Retail holiday sales gaining, but not enough for cheering. Moin, David; D'Innocenzio, Anne // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;12/16/1997, Vol. 174 Issue 114, p2
Reports on gains in retail sales in the United States in preparation for the Christmas 1997 season. Increase in markdowns; Compensation for disappointing returns in the previous weeks; Expectations for the last remaining ten days before Christmas.
- Luxe items lead way, but shoppers still waiting to cut loose. Edelson, Sharon; Tosh, Mark // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;12/5/1995, Vol. 170 Issue 104, p1
Reports on key trends checking out of American retail stores for the 1995 holiday season. Strong sales of luxury and status-oriented items; Hopes that business will rally during the last days of the season; Factors contributing to a dry business season; Performance of selected retail chains.
- Apparel execs wary of holiday. D'Innocenzio, Anne // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;11/5/1997, Vol. 174 Issue 87, p14
Presents the opinions and forecasts of fashion executives on retail sales for the 1997 Christmas season. Impact of the unsteady stock market on costumer confidence and sales; Forecasts of flat sales.
- Holiday season iffy for retailers. // Textile World;Jan96, Vol. 146 Issue 1, p15
Examines the performance of retail sales for the holiday season of 1995. Factors contributing to weak sales; Volume drops according to regions in the United States.
- No time for Scrooge. // U.S. News & World Report;12/4/95, Vol. 119 Issue 22, p15
Offers data on holiday spending in the United States. Most generous regions; Ages; Income.