- Yuletide mailings boost postal waste, recycling. Johnson, Jim // Waste News;01/08/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 32, p4
Reports on the increase in the volume of mail in the United States during the 2000 holiday season. Comparison with mail volume in the previous year; Waste generated and recycled from mails; Estimates on the volume of waste recycled by the United States Postal Service per year.
- Government aims high with targets. Grant, Alex // Printing World;8/14/2003, Vol. 283 Issue 7, p12
Reports on the recycling target faced by direct mail industry. Negotiation of the detailed features of the agreed targets; Planned percentage increase of the recycling targets in 2013; Role of changes in adhesive technology in the government's plan to lower the target.
- Pay dirt at the post office. Steuteville, Robert // BioCycle;Jun95, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p77
Focuses on the US Postal Service's recycling program for undeliverable bulk business mail and paper discards. Creation of the National Task Force on Undeliverable Bulk Business Mail Recycling; Potential revenue from the sale of undeliverable mail; Launching of recycling programs for...
- Postal Service targets bulk mail in Ill. Johnson, Jim // Waste News;09/22/97, Vol. 3 Issue 19, p14
Reports that a United States Postal Service initiative in Illinois, the South Suburban Mail Processing Center in Bedford Park, and the Fox Valley Mail Processing Center, in Aurora, are expecting to recycle over 2 million pounds of bulk mail in the state. Comments by official Debi...
- Postal Service Expands Lobby Recycling Program. // Solid Waste Report;3/31/2010, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p3
The article deals with the move of the U.S. Postal Service to enlarge its "Post Office Box Lobby Recycling Program" in order for patrons at new additional postal locations to reprocess unwanted mail.
- Cash for Clunkers. Katz, Eric // Government Executive;Jan/Feb2013, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p12
The article focuses on the U.S. Postal Service's Recycle Through USPS program, through which customers can get cash by disposing of their old cellphones, iPods and other electronics.
- New Stamps Promote Recycling. // Official Board Markets;4/23/2011, Vol. 87 Issue 17, p11
The article reports that the U.S. Postal Service has created the GO Green stamps to promote social awareness on recycling and culture of conservation.
- Postal Service targets Chicago in program to recycle old mail. Johnson, Jim // Crain's Chicago Business;10/13/97, Vol. 20 Issue 41, p51
Reports that through a different initiative, the United States Postal Services expects to recycle more than two million pounds of undelivered and old mail each month in Illinois. Where the waste will be collected; Comments made by Debi Chapman-Hermann, a recycling coordinator for the Postal...
- Meetings target postal recycling. // Waste News;9/23/96, Vol. 2 Issue 19, p12
Reports on the three conferences organized by the Northeast Recycling Council for autumn 1996 in the United States, that will discuss the United States Postal Service's efforts to boost recycling of its undeliverable and discarded mail in the Northeastern States.