This is how you cut a bully down to size
- CHANGING TIMES. // HR Professional;Nov/Dec2012, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p8
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including mental health status in workplace, workplace bullying and human resource management improvement.
- Are You a Bully at Work? // Business NH Magazine;Aug2007, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p10
The article reports on the survey related to workplace behavior conducted by the Employment Law Alliance in California. Of the 1,000 employees surveyed, 44 percent said that bullying occurs at work including mockery and personal insults to job criticism. Moreover, older and more highly educated...
- WORKPLACE BULLYING: AN ETHICAL CONTEXT APPLYING DUTY AND OUTCOME BASED APPROACHES TO HUMAN RESOURCE FUNCTIONS. Carden, Lila L.; Boyd, Raphael O. // Southern Journal of Business & Ethics;2010, Vol. 2, p144
Workplace bullying is a noted phenomenon that is sweeping across countries within various organizations. The workplace bullying concept is related to the field of ethics in that it involves identification, assessment, monitoring and control, and outcome evaluations. The authors present a...
- How to... beat the bullies. Couzins, Martin; Beagrie, Scott // Personnel Today;9/28/2004, p35
This article discusses some issues related to bullying at workplace. Of 800 HR professionals who responded to a recent survey by Personnel Today and anti-bullying charity the Andrea Adams Trust, 75 per cent had been bullied. Aside from the obvious damage to organizational reputations, harsh and...
- Workplace bullying--the ripple effects. Bentley, Tim // NZ Marketing Magazine;Jan/Feb2013 Supplement, p34
The article discusses the issue of workplace bullying, as well as its impact in an organization, particularly in New Zealand. It claims that tough management or bullying is not the proper response to stress or pressures in the workplace or as a strategy for performance management. It cites the...
- HOW TO BEAT A BULLY. Ross, Sativa // Aftermarket Business;
Advises managers on how to handle bullying in the workplace. Importance of confronting the bully in a professional manner; Avoidance of feeling intimidated by the bully; Use of an employee opinion survey for gathering input on a number of work-related scenarios.
- Best Practices for Managing People. SHANNON, MARCIA PENNINGTON // Law Practice: The Business of Practicing Law;Nov/Dec2011, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p56
The article presents suggestions on best practices for managing people. Suggestions are offered to make the workplace a no bully environment. It is suggested that law firms that want to survive and compete during the current economic condition must focus on professional development for their...
- Brutish behavior. Hodgkiss, Kate // Commercial Motor;12/4/2003, Vol. 198 Issue 5057, p36
Focuses on bullying and harassment of employees by their employers. Overview of a case in which a highly paid company director had suffered mental distress from bullying against him; Discussion on bullying; Less obvious tactics of bullying.
- MOBBÄ°NG Ä°LE Ã–RGÃœTSEL VATANDAÅžLIK DAVRANIÅžI ARASINDAKÄ° Ä°LÄ°ÅžKÄ°NÄ°N BELÄ°RLENMESÄ° VE KÃœTAHYA Ä°L MERKEZÄ° Ã–ZEL BANKA Ä°ÅžLETMELERÄ°NDE UYGULAMA. POYRAZ, Kemal; AKSOY, Ş. Enes // Dumlupinar University Journal of Social Science / Dumlupinar Ãœn;apr2012, Vol. 1 Issue 32, p183
The aim of this project is, mobbing applications which are in scope of chosen sector and to determination of relationship between tendencies of showing organizational citizenship behaviour.According to result of the research, there is reverse and meaningful relation between the level of expose...