Wanted: Helpers not heroes
- CEO TO CEO. // Association Management;Aug2000, Vol. 52 Issue 8, p161
Discusses the management strategies of several association executives. Steps to be taken to boost staff morale; Need of all organizations for energized employees; Competitive benefits to be offered to retain employees.
- Service style. Blanchard, Ken // Executive Excellence;Apr98, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p14
Discusses information on management style. Brief account on a letter of a manager about his style; Vital variables to be considered when analyzing situation and before settling on a specific style; Factor associated with success in management.
- Optimize productivity using power structure. Clark, Scott // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);02/25/2000, Vol. 47 Issue 8, p35A
Offers advice to managers and executives on how to use their power to boost employee productivity. Ability of power to create corruption; Definition of power; Three different categories of power; Delegation of legitimate power to subordinates to increase productivity and morale.
- "TOUGH LOVE". // Management Review;Sep85, Vol. 74 Issue 9, p4
Reports on the need for managers to show sensitivity to their staffs while continuing to impose stringent guidelines and set definite goals for their operations. 'Four-S' formula for managers to follow in carrying out tough love; Emphasis on sincerity as the most important in managerial situations.
- Removing workplace communication barriers. Smith, Shawn // Westchester County Business Journal;7/8/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 27, p4
Part II. Discusses ways in which executives and managers can improve communications with their employees. Details of workplace communication barriers; Information on how to open communications with employees.
- The Effects of Firm Strategy on the Level and Structure of Executive Compensation. Singh, Parbudyal; Agarwal, Naresh C. // Canadian Journal of Administrative Sciences (Canadian Journal of;Mar2002, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p42
Presents a study that provided additional insights on the determination of executive compensation in Canada. Review of related literature; Discussion on identifiable strategic orientations that affect business management; Effects of firm strategy on the level and structure of chief executive...
- Instilling the Worth Ethic. Ludeman, Kate // Training & Development Journal;May90, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p53
Presents guidelines for improving managers' treatment and care of their employees. Need for managers to change their attitudes about themselves; Active listening; Concept of caring leadership; Support for creativity and innovation. INSET: The CHANGING Process.
- Executive Briefing. Leonard, Bill // HR Magazine;Feb1999, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p12
Presents information on some studies on executives and personnel management. Information from the study `Diversity on U.S. Boards: Broadening the Profile of Corporate Boards'; Percentage of chief executives polled who believe that they will play an active part in a corporate acquisition; Role...
- Changing the way America works--Part III. Mariotti, John // Industry Week/IW;02/21/2000, Vol. 249 Issue 4, p70
Part III. Examines the role of managers in personnel management. Guidelines for business executives on dealing with employees; Key to management success in the future.