After-Tax Asset Allocation: Building Better Portfolios for the Individual Investor
- SIGNIFICANCE AND IMPLICATIONS OF PARTICIPATION IN DIVIDEND REINVESTMENT PLANS EMPIRICAL RESEARCH... Lyroudi, Katerina // Journal of Financial Management & Analysis;Jul-Dec99, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p37
Investigates the significance and implications of Dividend Reinvestment Plans (DRP) for the sponsoring company and the investors. Empirical examination of the investors' participation rate in DRP; Importance of asset allocation and diversification in investment principles; Various hypothesis on...
- New asset manager takes the honours. Harris, Shaun // Finweek;1/18/2007, p56
The article focuses on the top performer of 2006 unit trust fund which is 36ONE Flexible Opportunity Fund that provides investors with reasonably high levels of long term capital growth in South Africa. The said fund belonged to the flexible asset allocation sector, it dispersed to top...
- Rare collision drives region's appeal. Krombas, Mark // Fund Strategy;8/18/2008, p15
The article highlights the investment opportunities in the Middle East and North African (Mena) region. It notes that the region offers good opportunities for investors, specially when oil prices are high. Huge current account surpluses, massive government investment programmes, impressive...
- ACERA Increases U.S. Equity Allocation. Lewis, Jakema // Investment Management Weekly;1/30/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p1
Reports on the asset allocation portfolio adopted by the Alameda County Employees' Retirement Association in January 2006. Percentage increase in the domestic equity portfolio; Possible search for fund managers by the association.
- eye on a FUND. // Money (Australia Edition);May2003, p25
Presents information on the Invesco International Fixed Interest fund in Australia. Value of the fund; Asset allocation of the fund as of February 28, 2003; Requirements for investors in the fund.
- Avoid short-term share market view. Egan, Liam // Money Management;2/7/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p8
The article reports that forecasting market returns in short-term changes to asset allocation is an effort for super investors in Australia. According to investment strategist Brian Parker, it is important that super investors should treat short-term market volatility as a distracting noise. It...
- Back from the dead. // Money Marketing;10/20/2005, p60
Reports on the concept of with-profit investments and its benefits in providing better return for medium-risk investors in Great Britain. Need for a shift in emphasis towards asset allocation in the region; Means of reducing the notional value of the fund to produce an equitable surrender value;...
- How Good Advisors Add Value. Swedroe, Larry // CPA Wealth Provider;Apr2004, p21
Discusses the advantages of having an Investment Policy Statement. Identification of investment objectives and risk tolerance of the investor; Inclusion of asset allocationa and a rebalancing table; Determination of all risk and rewards of investment portfolio.
- Ignore Daily Financial Noise. Marotta, David John // Business Journal (Central New York);4/11/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 15, p20
The author reflects on some reminders which can help investors ignore financial losses. He stresses that learning to moderate spending can be the best way to meet the financial goal. He also mentions that long-term growth should be preferred over short-term growth, and suggests to consider a...