Worries over temps' route to permanence
- LABORAL Y SEGURIDAD SOCIAL. // Actualidad Juridica (1578-956X);2009, Issue 22, p147
No abstract available.
- EU agrees time limit for agency workers change. // Personnel Today;3/11/2003, p1
Reports that the member states in Great Britain has agreed to impose a time limit for discussion on the European Union Agency Workers Directive regarding pay of temporary employees. Reason behind the opposition of employers on the issue; Provision under the directive for temporary staff pay and...
- HIRING TEMPS FULL-TIME MAY GET THE IRS ON YOUR TAIL. // Fortune;1/24/1994, Vol. 129 Issue 2, p34
Looks at some of the problems which could befall companies which use temporary or freelance employees on a full-time basis. Penalties lodged by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) against two publications; Problems caused by filing the wrong tax forms; How to avoid some of these problems.
- Temps may tap into employee benefits. // ABA Journal;Feb97, Vol. 83 Issue 2, p43
Reports on the decision of the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals based in san Francisco, California stating that temporary workers can be eliminated for savings and stock option plans available to regular employees in the United States.
- UK's employers losing argument over temps. Wigham, Ross // Personnel Today;11/26/2002, p3
Focuses on a controversial draft passed by the European Parliament without amendments requested by employers in Great Britain related to offering same pay and conditions to temporary staff as permanent staff from the first day of their employment. Provisions of the draft; Reintroduction of the...
- THE GET-OUT CLAUSE. Allen, Andy // People Management;9/17/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 18, p23
Discusses the effect of laws aimed at protecting jobseekers and those using employment agencies on the relationship between interim employees and providers in Great Britain. Information on clauses in the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations 2003 issued by the...
- Treat agency staff as mythical workers. // Accountancy Ireland;Dec2002, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p34
Reports that Irish Ministers voted for a measure that could only be achieved if companies invested mythical employees. Provisions of the European Union law that aims to protect office temps.
- Agency directive - is it a permanent end to temps? Calvert, Glenn; Willmott, Ben // Personnel Today;12/3/2002, p14
Reports on the debate regarding European Commission's proposed directive on working conditions for temporary agency workers. Employment conditions included in the directive; Support of British government towards the directive; Negotiations regarding equal treatment of agency workers on pay...
- 'The directive will lead to a disincentive for the use of temporary, flexible labour'. // Personnel Today;10/1/2002, p2
Presents views of several personnel managers representing companies in Great Britain on European Union directives for temporary workers. Views of personnel manager of a firm that prints circuit boards for computers; Impact of the directives on biscuit, chutney, and preserve manufacturer...