Is Publicity Killing the January Effect?
- Vanguard Tax-Mgd SmCap R. // Morningstar Fund Family Reports: Vanguard;Aug2006, Issue 39, p5
The article offers a look at the structure, management and performance of the Vanguard Tax-Managed Small-Cap fund managed by Vanguard Group Inc. in the U.S. The fund is being managed by Michael Buek who uses a sampling technique to match the key characteristics of the Standard & Poor's SmallCap...
- Cooling down a bit. O'Connor, Cecily // Pensions & Investments;5/2/2005, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p20
The article discusses the performance of small-capitalization equity mutual funds in 2004. Small-capitalization equity mutual funds continued their lead in the first quarter of 2005, but did not offer the dizzying returns seen in previous years. Small-cap funds have historically proven their...
- '04 Index: Small Cap Outgrew Large Cap. // American Banker;1/4/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 2, p6
The article reports that small-cap stocks outperformed large-cap equities for a sixth consecutive year in 2004, according to the small-cap Russell 2000 Index. Small-cap stocks rose 18.6% and large caps 11.8%. The large-cap Russell 1000 Index was about 15% below its all-time high, however. Dennis...
- Forcing the cost of trading down. Plunkett, Mike // Pensions & Investments;1/10/2005, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p10
The article reports that mutual fund fees have come under unprecedented scrutiny by investors in the wake of the industry's scandals. The widespread trading abuses exposed by New York Attorney General Eliot Spitzer has led to settlements with fund companies that include agreements by the firms...
- Two New Small-Cap Picks From Bridgeway. Kinnel, Russel // Morningstar FundInvestor;Jul2007, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p22
The article provides information on several small-capitalization funds that have low costs in the U.S. The Bridgeway Small-Cap Value and the Bridgeway Small-Cap Growth have a strong record of closing funds in a timely manner. The Tweedy, Browne Value has 60 percent of its stock portfolio in...
- Vive les Petites Caps. Nash, Jeff // Money;Sep2002, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p49
Focuses on investment in foreign small capitalization funds. Reasons for their sales growth in 2002, including their undervalued status; Long-term growth of these funds; Recommendation of several funds in which one may invest.
- What Small-Cap Funds and Real Estate Have in Common. Creswell, Julie // Fortune;9/28/1998, Vol. 138 Issue 6, p318
Discusses United States small-cap funds. How funds based in the Midwest hold a greater number of value-oriented stocks than their peers on the West Coast and East Coast; Statistics; What accounts for the discrepancy.
- ARIEL. Updegrave, Walter // Money;
Presents investment information about the Ariel small cap fund, managed by John Rogers, Jr. Performance of the fund; Investment strategy; Stocks included in the fund.
- BOGLE SMALL CAP GROWTH. Carter, Adrienne // Money;
Presents investment information about the Bogle Small Cap Growth mutual fund, which is managed by John Bogle, Jr. Performance of the fund; Investment strategy; Stocks included in the fund.