Mutual Fund Alternatives: Should Planners Step Outside the Box?
- Between a Rock and a Hard Place... // Journal of Financial Planning;Aug1998, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p13
The article deals with the difficulties facing financial planners. Planners--at least responsible ones--preach restraint to their clients. A USA Today article in May 1998 tried mightily to convey what a tough sale restraint is these days. It quoted several planners who admitted some clients are...
- The real wrap. Child, David // Money Marketing;2/17/2005, p56
The article provides information on wrap accounts. Technology can make it easier for the IFAs to provide an ongoing holistic financial planning service to a larger number of clients. This is what wrap accounts aim to do--enabling IFAs to manage their client's financial affairs according to their...
- Raise your game. Reid, Robert // Money Marketing;7/20/2006, p27
The author reflects on the creation of independent financial advisers (IFA) of their own wrap platform. He believes that flaccid products do not have any future and, nor have wrap platforms that have a truly open architecture. However he emphasizes that it does not necessarily follow that all...
- If the wrap fitsâ€¦. Reid, Robert // Money Marketing;8/31/2006, p23
The article reflects on the issue of the development of wrap in Great Britain. The author mentions that choosing a wrap to join is not easy in setting up and transitioning to an alternative platform. He indicated that the wrap providers have difficulty in recognizing independent financial...
- Taking the wraps off platforms. North, Kim // Money Marketing;7/22/2010, p32
In this article the author calls on independent financial advisers (IFAs) to be knowledgeable on true wrap costs of their platforms to treat clients equally and to stop bigger fund houses negotiating deals.
- The way to wrap. North, Kim // Money Marketing;8/11/2011, p34
The article offers an answer to a question of where to ask for an advice about wrap platforms and funds.
- The Wrong Road Again? Arrowood, Janet // Advisor Today;Apr2004, Vol. 99 Issue 4, p14
Discusses the need for financial advisors to hold regular meetings with their clients and explain how asset allocation and regular rebalancing would reduce the impact of falling stock markets. Increase in growth-oriented investments in 2003; Role of regular client contact in helping clients...
- Welcome to the house of funds. Freeman, Peter // Bulletin with Newsweek;01/25/2000, Vol. 118 Issue 6208, p58
Identifies the alternatives for investing unlisted managed funds. Includes direct contact with a fund manager; Discount broker; Financial planner; Establishment of a wrap account.
- INVESTMENT VIEW. Byrne, Tony // Money Marketing;6/30/2005, p37
Discusses the use of wrap model in improving business and profit management for independent financial advisors. Concept of the wrap model; Advantage of wrap accounts in reducing administrative costs and improving service levels and profitability; Benefits of wrap model for business enterprises.