The Grass is Always Browner…
- Successful Mentoring of Undergraduate Researchers. Shellito, Cindy; Shea, Kalyn; Mueller-Solger, Anke; Davis, William // Journal of College Science Teaching;May2001, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p460
Presents information on a survey of undergraduate researchers at University of California in Davis. Characteristics of the survey participants; Methodology and key findings; Mentoring tips for undergraduate research.
- UC Davis LGBT center vandalized. Aiello, Dan // Bay Area Reporter;3/4/2010, Vol. 40 Issue 9, p2
The article reports on the anti-gay vandalism incident at the LGBT Resource Center in the University of Califonia (UC) Davis campus on February 26, 2010.
- My Merger Melodrama at the University of California, Davis. Nelsen, Romain Oliver // LLI Review;Fall2010, Vol. 5, p94
This memoir recites a tale of personal travails involved in joining two dissimilar senior learning programs competing for members in the University of California, Davis to create an enduring OLLL The task turned from mating reluctant mindsets into an established framework for the growth of...
- New Citeria for College Admissions. Kirst, Michael W. // Education Week;04/21/99, Vol. 18 Issue 32, p48
Presents a criteria for college admissions in the states of Texas and California. Information on the changes in university admissions criteria caused by changes in affirmative action policy; Role of high school teachers and counselors in college admissions; Need to promote minority admissions...
- UC-Davis Report Condemns Chancellor, Police for Pepper Spraying Protesters. // Women in Higher Education (10608303);May2012, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p3
The article discusses the release of a report by a 13-member task force condemning administrators for failures in communication and leadership at the University of California Davis campus during a protest where police pepper-sprayed students in 2012.
- Top agriculture universities by rank. // Western Farm Press Exclusive Insight;5/13/2013, p1
The article reports that the University of California-Davis is the top university in the world for agriculture and forestry, according to the 2013 QS World University Rankings.
- A Sustainable Thirst for Science. Peters, Rita C. // R&D Magazine;Jun2011, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p16
The article provides insight on the design and construction of the Teaching and Research Winery and the August A. Busch III Brewing and Food Science Laboratory (WBF) at the University of California in Davis. The research laboratory and facility has been given the 2011 Laboratory of the Year High...
- UC Davis once again ranks top in agriculture and forestry. // Western Farm Press;3/15/2014, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p21
The article reports that the University of California in Davis, California has been ranked as the top university in the world for teaching and research in the area of agriculture and forestry by the rankings released by the Quacquarelli Symonds World University Rankings in March 2014.
- Mobile Apps Taking Bigger Role in Promoting College Dining. // FoodService Director;8/15/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p12
The article reports on the mobile web applications adopted by several universities such as the University of California, Davis and University of Georgia (UGA) to view information regarding their campus dining program.