The Hot Job of Financial Planning&hellip
- Trading Places. McGee, Suzanne // Financial Planning;Sep2008, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p59
The article discusses the move of planners, investment advisors, and other wealth managers to change firms in the U.S. It is noted that for many advisors, switching firms or launching their own shop can be dangerous, since clients can feel neglected or taken for granted. In addition, if the...
- PRESIDENT'S MESSAGE. Salmen, Richard // Journal of Financial Planning;Jul2009 Solutions, p4
In this article the author discusses the efforts made by the Financial Planning Association (FPA) to assist financial planners in financial planning practice in the U.S. He primarily considers the significant role of the FPA and the financial planners in the lives of their clients amid the...
- A Peek Inside the RIA Community... // Journal of Financial Planning;Oct2005, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p24
This article focuses on Evolution/Revolution: A Profile of the Investment Advisory Profession, the 2005 report of the Investment Adviser Association and the National Regulatory Services about investment advisers registered with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). SEC-registered...
- FPA FILES LAWSUIT AGAINST SEC. Kahan, Stuart // Accounting Today;6/6/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p18
Deals with the petition filed by the Financial Planning Association challenging a U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission rule exempting certain brokers/dealers from the requirements of the Investment Advisers Act of 1940. Reason for exempting brokers/dealers from the act; Information on the...
- 4 Steps to Make Real Changes. BOWEN JR., JOHN J. // Financial Planning;Aug2013, Vol. 43 Issue 8, p27
The author outlines the steps that financial advisors in the U.S. should take to make real changes and achieve huge success. He cites the importance of big-picture thinking as the first step in strategic planning. He also discusses how advisors should target results, use obstacles for achieving...
- FPA Introduces Longevity Program for Members. // Journal of Financial Planning;Sep2006 Supplement, p30
The article reports that the Financial Planning Association has launched a benefit for members entitled the "Longevity Awards Program," which aims to thank members for continued, lifelong membership. All long-term members will receive personalized certificates of membership, with milestone...
- Up Front. Borek, Tad; Olsen, John L.; Kulikowski, Laurie; Fine, Jacob // Financial Planning;Jun2003, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p23
Presents an update on issues and topics related to financial planning in the U.S. as of June 1, 2003. Impact of the 2002 across-the-board market decline on financial advisers; Justification for the cost of assets under management fees; Discussion on conservation easements. INSET: INDICATORS.
- GET BIG OR FADE AWAY. Korn, Donald Jay // Financial Planning;Apr2005, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p58
Offers advice on financial planning practices in the U.S. Forecast on the rise of larger financial planning firms; Preferences of clients in relation to financial services; Changes in responsibilities of principal planners.
- THE SKILLS YOU'LL NEED. Korn, Donald Jay // Financial Planning;Apr2005, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p60
Offers advice on the skills to be developed by financial planners in the U.S. Importance of communication skills to financial planning services; Reduction in the duties performed by top managers of financial planning firms; Skills to be developed in dealing with retirees and pre-retirement clients.