How to boost sales, profits: Putting planograms to work
- 3: GOT CHANGE ? J. W. // SN: Supermarket News;Spring2010 Whole Health Supplement, p12
The article presents information on the growing popularity of healthy vending machines in the U.S. Such machines have started popping up at hospitals, college campuses and health clubs across the country as off-hour or fill-in food outlets. According to market research firm First Research, the...
- Food Vending Machine Report. Appold, Karen // Tourist Attractions & Parks;Feb/Mar2014, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p94
The article explores food selling practices of successful family entertainment centers in the U.S. Topics discussed include the lure of a well-lit vending machine that looks newer and offer what people want according to American Vending Sales director of sales Mike Digilio, the gaining...
- Fresh Hot Pizza From a Machine. // Food Management;Mar2004, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p18
Brown University in Providence, Rhode Island, is experimenting with a hot pizza vending concept from Italy. The machines deliver freshly baked personal pies to customers in under two minutes. WonderPizzaUSA, New Bedford, Massachusetts, has secured the import, sale and distribution rights for the...
- Vending machines. // A-Z of Food Safety;2007, p412
An encyclopedia entry for vending machines is presented. According to the entry, the use of food and beverage vending machines has increased universally and the range of products dispensed from vending machines is extensive. These machines can be classified as beverage vending machine and food...
- Change in the air: Coin-operated format returns with N.Y.'s Bamn. Duecy, Erica // Nation's Restaurant News;9/18/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 38, p1
The article reports on the re-emergence of an automat restaurant in New York as a sleeker, grab-and-go shop called Bamn in late August 2006. The shop serves finger-food selections like hot wings, pizza dumplings and roast pork buns from coin-operated vending machines. Bamn's owners are in the...
- Vending machines: sales channel worth $30 billion in US in 2007. // MarketWatch: Food;October 2003, Vol. 2 Issue 10, p15
Reports on the increase in interest in vending machines in 2003 with the emergence of on-the-go consumer lifestyles. Projected growth of the distribution channel in the U.S. from 2002 to 2007; Effects of advances in technology that have allowed cashless and easier vending purchases; Implications...
- Coke, candy bar, or Speed Wax? Miracle, Michael // Skiing;Sep97, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p42
Highlights the Speed Wax, an automated, coin-operated, talking ski-waxing machine. Creation of machine by the Japanese; Description of machine.
- Jukebox Collection Traces History of Coin-operated Record Players. Weaver, Jim // Antiques & Collecting Magazine;may2008, Vol. 113 Issue 3, p48
The article traces the history of coin-operated record players.
- Coin-operated Internet access. // Seybold Report on Desktop Publishing;11/1/95, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p15
Reports on the market introduction of a coin-operated kiosk that provides access to the Internet by the general public called the CafeNet in Hollywood, California. Operating instructions; Plans to introduce Cafebets in airports, bookstores and shopping malls.