DMA Webmaster opens the file: Food safety on the web
- Capitol gains (and losses). Petrak, Lynn // National Provisioner;Aug98, Vol. 212 Issue 8, pS12
Presents information on the battle of food safety regulations in the food processing industry. Reference to Thomas Billy, administrator for Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) and Dan Glickman, Agriculture Secretary; Political issues relating to the meat and poultry industry; Information...
- White House issues food safety plan. Carlson, Gordon // Dairy Foods;Jun97, Vol. 98 Issue 6, p16
Reports on the announcement of a five-point plan which would increase the safety of the food supply in the United States by Vice President Al Gore. Inclusion of steps taken by President Bill Clinton's administration; Amount of funds to be used; Requests of additional plans to ensure production...
- Safety codes overhaul set for approval. Wyne, Vic // Food Manufacture;Oct2001, Vol. 76 Issue 10, p6
Focuses on the approval of the proposed changes in the safety codes of the Food Safety Agency. Shortage of people trained in food and related safety disciplines; Conduction of research on the severe recruitment problem; Deficiencies in the inspections by the local authorities.
- High five. Nickelson, Ranzell // National Provisioner;Aug98, Vol. 212 Issue 8, pS29
Presents information on the future of the food-safety programs in the processing industry in the United States. Reference to Escherichia coli 0157:H7 bacteria outbreak in 1993 which began the food-safety revolution; Factors which would influence food-safety; Names of food safety groups.
- The food security challenge to plant systems. Friend, Bill; Thompson, Olin // Food Engineering;Apr2002, Vol. 74 Issue 4, p18
Focuses on the awareness of food industry for food security in the U.S. Launch of 'Project Vigilance' by the Grocery Manufacturers of America; Emphasis on the role of food plants in security; Threat of terrorism over security.
- Food under the microscope. Goldring, Zack // Food Manufacture;Sep96, Vol. 71 Issue 9, p23
Reviews a number of scientific laboratory techniques that are being used in Great Britain's food industry to bolster public confidence in the industry. How food manufacturers have been using hazard analysis critical point control (HACCP) procedures to improve plant hygiene management; Insight...
- Food safety initiative: What role does industry play? Pape, Stuart // Prepared Foods;May97, Vol. 166 Issue 6, p30
Discusses the role that the food industry plays in food safety programs launched by various agencies in the United States. President Bill Clinton's creation of the National Food Safety Initiative; Program components; Dispute over the issue of the extent to which agencies pursue their stated goal.
- Food safety initiative needs industry's input. Pape, Stuart // Prepared Foods;Nov96, Vol. 165 Issue 12, p30
Discusses efforts by federal agency representatives to come up with food safety guidelines in the United States. Commitment to food safety issue at top levels of government; Consumer group recommendations and perceptions; Outline of recommendations suggested by food industry representatives.
- Should the U.S. Have a Single Food Agency? Hunter, Beatrice Trum // Consumers' Research Magazine;Nov2001, Vol. 84 Issue 11, p21
Focuses on a proposal to create a single government agency which will be responsible for food regulations in the United States. Details of the functions of major and support federal agencies on food surveillance; Advantages and drawbacks of the creation of the food safety agency; Information on...