They tip in favor of portion-control: Scales as `watchdogs'
- Selecting and using early childhood rating scales. McCloskey, George // Topics in Early Childhood Special Education;Fall90, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p39
Focuses on how to help rating scale users organize their thinking about why and how rating scales are to be used and to provide them with information that will be useful in evaluating the adequacy of available rating scales. Establishing a rationale for scale use; Evaluating the adequacy of...
- Weighing and measuring: Scope for extra sales? Oliphant, Jane // Housewares;Nov94, Issue 113, p8
Reports on the market performance of kitchen weighing scales in Great Britain for 1994. Experience of retailers; Need for innovation; Importance of packaging; Products descriptions.
- Weighing In On Scales. // Retail Merchandiser;May2003, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p70
Focuses on the selling of weighing scales by retailers in the U.S. Impact of consumers' growing interest in fitness on scale sales; Improvements made to scales by manufacturers; Factors to consider in merchandising scales.
- Scalerators. RUDOW, LENNY; Lindsey, Bill // Boating;Apr99, Vol. 72 Issue 4, p94
Evaluates several weighing scales for fishes. Features; Price; Accuracy.
- Tanita TBF-622 $100. Juskaitis, Andrew // Bicycling;May2001, Vol. 45 Issue 5, p60
Evaluates the Tanita TBF-b22 body fat monitor and scale for cyclists.
- The use of the CES-D for measuring symptoms of depression in three rural Russian villages. Dershem, Larry D.; Patsiorkovski, Valeri V. // Social Indicators Research;1996, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p89
Reports on the 1993 sample survey on three Russian villages using the standardized depression scale (CES-D). Good internal consistency of the scale; Greater percentage of respondents displaying symptoms of depression in rural Russia.
- Balancing Act. Entin, Carli; Williams, Virginia // Scholastic Math;02/12/2001, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p3
Presents a mathematics activity about a balanced scale.
- Scales. Bendall, Dan // Restaurant Hospitality;May96, Vol. 80 Issue 5, p141
Presents information giving details on what to consider before buying a scale. Different types of scales which are available; Capacity of receiving scales; Capacity of a portion scale; Importance of examining the graduation increments on scales for your require accuracy; Reason for purchasing a...
- Sworders' scale sale. // Coin News;May2013, Vol. 50 Issue 5, p17
The article discusses an auction of the Brian Brass Collection of Postal and Coin scales and weights to be held at Sworders in Great Britain on June 11, 2013.
- On Balance. Olivastro, Dominic // Sciences;Mar/Apr85, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p69
Focuses on the origins and invention of the balance scale. Representations of the instrument; Rise of the balance scale puzzles; Solutions to the puzzle.