Building a reputation with sweets: Signature treats
- The scoop on frozen desserts. Hayton, B. // Current Health 2;May92, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p16
Explains the differences between ice cream, frozen yogurt, ice milk and other frozen desserts. Fat content and calorie count; US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations; How to read the label; Low-fat frozen desserts; Nonfat frozen yogurt;Fat substitutes such as Simplesse and Oatrim;...
- Hot days...frozen treats. // Current Health 1;May92, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p16
Discusses the differences between ice cream, ice milk, frozen yogurt and the like. Concern about fat and calories; US Food and Drug Administration rules about the amount of fat in frozen desserts; Butterfat content; `Light' (or `lite') and `low-fat ice cream'; No-fat frozen dairy desserts;...
- Ice Cream. // Country Living;Aug85, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p93
`Country Living' has a special section on home-made ice cream. The article covers everything from how to make it, what to use, different ways to enjoy it. Recipes cover sherbet, ice cream, yogurt, fruit ices, and light ice cream and all their different flavors.
- Victorian desserts. Wing, L. // Country Living;Feb1988, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p98
Looks at Victorian desserts like ribbon cake and baked Alaska. Related article: Victorian desserts (recipes).
- Valentine brownie. Branch, S. // Country Living;Feb1989, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p119
Gives a recipe for making an extra large brownie. Special Valentine greeting for a chocolate lover.
- Cookie time! Simpson, J.; Hayes, J.L. // Country Living;Feb1990, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p103
Presents a variety of recipes for giant old-fashioned cookies.
- Cheese cake. // Country Living;Feb1990, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p113
Presents a recipe for a Valentine's Day cheesecake.
- Healthy microwave cooking. Jerome, C. // Country Living;Mar1990, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p146
Offers recipes for making healthy, low-fat desserts in the microwave. Tapioca pudding with blackberry syrup; Chocolate pudding.
- Valentine cherry tarts. Branch, S. // Country Living;Feb1991, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p119
Presents a recipe for valentine cherry tarts.
- Veggie table. Clifford, M. // Country Living;Feb1992, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p128
Features three dessert recipes. Creamy orange tapioca; Chocolate-nut pudding; Oatmeal-raisin coffee cake. INSET: Volumes on vegetables (two cookbooks: `Vegetarian Entertaining....