Leaner and more upscale
- National uniformity in textbooks and curriculum. // National Uniformity in Textbooks & Curriculum;2009, p347
Provides information for improving schools and colleges based on the extracted notes from the charter of Franklin College. Duties of educator Dr. Robert Finley at the University of Georgia; Why the interests of classical science in United States are suffering materially; Measures to be...
- American Colleges and Universities. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p255
No abstract available.
- Furtive surveillance on campus. Franke, Ann H. // Academe;Nov/Dec94, Vol. 80 Issue 6, p104
Discusses the impact of furtive surveillance on campus. Potential of hidden cameras or tape recorders to impair the exchanges of ordinary life; Case of Hayden White versus Davis; Legal issues raised by campus surveillance; Covert surveillance as antithetical to the mission and values of higher...
- Toward Empirical Studies on University Ethics. Counelis, James Steve // Journal of Higher Education;Jan/Feb93, Vol. 64 Issue 1, p74
Provides a research method for studying American university ethics. Lack of systematic empirical research; Universities as empirical ethical systems; Corporate cultures; Criminal behavior patterns; Codes of conduct analysis; Corporate violations.
- Electronic trails to college. Dyrli, Odvard Egil // Technology & Learning;Oct97, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p10
Provides online resources which can be used to access college information. Reference to information found on the Internet and the World Wide Web; Author's favorite online resources for college information; Specialized sites which offer financial aid.
- Accredited EH science and protection programs. // Journal of Environmental Health;Mar1996, Vol. 58 Issue 7, p29
Lists universities and colleges in the United States with accredited environmental health science and protection programs for undergraduate degrees. Contact information.
- Foreign students find their niche. Holmstrom, David // Christian Science Monitor;3/28/95, Vol. 87 Issue 84, p12
Analyzes the international status of some of the major universities of US. Popularity and rating among foreign students; Reasons; Details of study by the Institute for International Education; Detailed analysis of selected universities.
- Bland secularism? Schroth, R.A. // Commonweal;6/1/91, Vol. 118 Issue 11, p357
Fears that Catholic colleges are losing their strong religious identity and succumbing to the bland secularism of state and Ivy League universities. Unique offerings of a Catholic college; How Catholic colleges can revitalize their Catholic character.
- 3 futures of colleges of education. Wisniewski, Richard // Education Week;11/15/95, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p52
Opinion. Forecasts scenarios regarding colleges of education in the United States. Effect of downsizing at universities; Increase in computer and multimedia usage; Reforms in the educational system.