Creating regional tastes
- Southern regional pork. // Restaurant Business;2/10/95 Supplement Pork, Vol. 95 Issue 3, p29
Focuses on the use of pork on Southern Regional cuisine. Dishes' reliance on pork for flavor and distinctive character; Seasonal patterns of ingredient usage.
- PIG TALES. Scarpa, James // Restaurant Business;8/15/2002, Vol. 101 Issue 13, p82
Focuses on the number of food preparation with pork in the U.S. Ingredients of Peppered Roulade of Pork by Laura Brennan of Caffee Umbra; Procedure of cooking PomeÇµranate Molasses Glazed Pork Chop by Doug Barnhill of Aura cuisine restaurant; Price of Pork Tenderloin with Pasilla Adobo by...
- National Pork Board names Taste of Elegance winners. // Nation's Restaurant News;06/12/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 24, p116
Reports the winners of the Taste of Elegance competition by the National Pork Board in the United States. John Hofland, executive chef at the Esceola Lodge as the grand prize winner for his creation of the pork tenderloin stew; Second and third placers of the contest; Russ Muehlberger of...
- A Fresh Look at Southern Classics. Jones, Scott // Southern Living;Sep2002, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p198
Presents recipes for Southern dishes. Stuffed Pork Chops; Stackable Grits; Skillet Creamed Corn.
- Welcome Back, Spam. Stein, Joel // Time International (South Pacific Edition);12/29/2008, Issue 51/52, p109
This article reports that sales of Spam have increased in the U.S. as the economy has faltered, with sales at their highest peak since World War II. Several notable chefs are asked to create meals using Spam, including Brandon Boudet, Michael Fiorello, and Rick Moonen. Among the dishes created...
- Swine Dining. // Southern Living;Mar2012, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p30
The article presents information about preparing pork nose-to-tail, or mindfully using every part of the pig in cooking. Topics discussed include the increasing presence of offal on restaurant menus in the Southern U.S., the concept of locavore dining, or eating only local food, and suggestions...
- A NICE LIGHT SUMMER DINNER FROM THE SOUTH. STORY; KESSLER, JOHN; Recipes; Davis, Tiffany Vickers; Garcia, Shaun; Grimes, Julianna; Wise, Deb // Cooking Light;Jun2013, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p128
The article presents several Southern recipes including Peach Cobbler Ice Cream with Bourbon-Caramel Sauce, Roasted Cider-Brined Pork Loin with Green Tomato Chutney, and Mini Cornmeal Cakes with Heirloom Tomato Relish.
- Ciao Down! Disbrowe, Paula; styling, prop; Miller, Buffy Hargett; styling, food; Cairns, Marian Cooper // Southern Living;Feb2014, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p108
The article presents several recipes that offer a Southern interpretation on traditional Italian foods including Winter Mushroom Risotto, Braised Beans with Collard Greens and Ham, and Herb-Roasted Pork Loin.
- Barbecue Like a Pro. Jones, Scott // Southern Living;Jul2005, Vol. 40 Issue 8, p126
Presents recipes for regional specialties from North and South Carolina. Tabb's Barbecue Pork; Honey-Mustard Barbecue Sauce.