Inflation rate jumps
- The future of inflation. // Material Handling Engineering;Jan98, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p30
Discusses divergent views on the future of inflation in the United States in relation to its economy, government and industry. Conflicting theories about inflation; Economic and industry forecasts; Contributing factors to industrial changes; Evaluation of the economy.
- DSN charts. // Discount Store News;7/13/98, Vol. 37 Issue 13, p8
Presents data regarding inflation rates in the United States as of July 13, 1998.
- Inflation and prices. // Economic Trends (07482922);Mar1996, p6
Focuses on inflation in the United States, as of March 1996. January price statistics; Purchasing managers' price survey and industrial production; Household inflation expectations; Gold prices; Trends in the CPI; Inflation during expansions and during recessions.
- Inflation and prices. // Economic Trends (07482922);Aug98, p7
Presents information on inflation and prices in the United States, for the period 1994 to 1999. Statistics for the prices and inflation; Information on a semiannual Monetary Policy Report to Congress; Increase in the Consumer Price Index.
- Measuring inflation in high-tech age. Nakamura, Leonard I. // Business Review (Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia);Nov/Dec95, p13
Focuses on the measurement of inflation in the United States. Hourly wage; Consumer price index method of calculation.
- Upsetting the apple cart. Evans, Michael K. // Industry Week/IW;6/03/96, Vol. 245 Issue 11, p66
Presents various key indicators that point to inflation threat in the United States. Initial unemployment claims; Sharp rise in food and energy prices; Increase in minimum wage; Rate capacity of utilization.
- An upstart index gains. Sarfati, Joy // Treasury & Risk Management;Jan/Feb97, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p10
Reports on the notice accorded to the inflation index Future Inflation Gauge (FIG) by corporate treasurers in the United States. Other indicator of inflation; Visible improvement of the FIG; Introduction of additional employment figures.
- Stop panicking about inflation. Shenk, Joshua // Washington Monthly;Nov94, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p17
Asserts that the real cause of any future rise in the inflation rate in the United States economy will be due to corporate downsizing and depletion of oil supplies. Corporate downsizing as tending to reduce the supply of goods thereby driving up their prices; Decay of Strategic Petroleum...
- ECRI Inflation Gauge Slips to 97.4 in October. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;11/8/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33412, p31
The article reports on the U.S. inflationary pressures that were lower in October 2010, as the states' future inflation gauge fell to 97.4 from a downwardly revised 97.5 in September.
- ECRI Inflation Gauge Rises to 99.6 From 97.4. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;12/6/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33427, p2
The article reports on the 99.6 percent increase in future inflation gauge in the U.S. in October 2010.