Tailoring service to location
- AmFac parks in Aurora. Rose, S. Mariah // Colorado Business Magazine;Aug96, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p73
Reports on AmFac Parks and Resorts Inc.'s relocation from Flagstaff, Arizona to Aurora, Colorado. Concessions operations of the company; Ownership of shops, restaurants and hotels at Petrified National Forest, the Grand Canyon's South Rim and Death Valley National Monument.
- Amfac eyes more national park deals during Death Valley forum. Spector, Amy // Nation's Restaurant News;03/20/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p88
Reports that foodservice operator Amfac Parks & Resorts has intensified its efforts to promote itself in the United States. Performance of tests on services and menu items that will help the firm create memorable guest experiences; Impact of pending legislation that can open up lucrative...
- HEAVY ON ENVIRONMENTAL AWARENESS: Amfac becomes Xanterra. // FoodService Director;6/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p16
Reports on the change in name of Amfac Parks & Resorts, the largest operator of lodges, restaurants and other concessions in the U.S. Purpose of changing the business's name; Background information on the company; Experience of Xanterra winning the Department of the Interior's 2001...
- Amfac Becomes Xanterra Parks & Resorts. // Lodging Hospitality;5/15/2002, Vol. 58 Issue 7, p15
Reports on the change in the name of Denver, Colorado-based Amfac Parks & Resorts to Xanterra Parks & Resorts as of May 2002. Implication of the name Xanterra on the company; Origin of the name; Contract signed by Xanterra to manage services at Crater Lake National Park in Oregon.
- News Briefs. // Hotel & Motel Management;5/6/2002, Vol. 217 Issue 8, p4
Reports on developments in the hotel industry in the U.S. as of May 2002. Donations of Six Continents Hotel to the Kemmons Wilson School of Hospitality and Resort Management; Appointment of Debra Cannon as director of Georgia State's Cecil B. Day School of Hospitality Administration; Rename of...
- Flagstar to sell TW Recreational Services to Amfac. // Nation's Restaurant News;7/24/95, Vol. 29 Issue 29, p2
Reports on the agreement signed by Flagstar Cos. to sell TW Recreational Services to Amfac Parks Inc. Previous negotiation with Aramark; Expected TW earnings in summer 1995.
- Winter Visitors to Yellowstone National Park: Their Value Orientations and Support for Management Actions. Borrie, William T.; Freimund, Wayne A.; Davenport, Mae A. // Human Ecology Review;Winter2002, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p41
The idea of a National Park contains a diversity of values and missions. This paper takes a multi-dimensional, context-specific approach to measuring the perceived values of Yellowstone National Park. It is an initial step in recording how perceptions of National Parks are changing over time....
- Russia's protected areas in transition: the impacts of perestroika,economic reform and the move towards democracy Williams, M. D.; Wells, M. P. // AMBIO - A Journal of the Human Environment;May1998, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p198
The Russian Federation contains an enormous diversity of ecosystems and an impressive network of parks. But real financial resources available to the protected areas have declined by more than 90% since 1989, law enforcement in protected areas has weakened, and there has been a sharp increase in...
- Can we save our national parks? Phillips, Jeff // Sunset;Jun96, Vol. 196 Issue 6, p74
Looks at the steps outlined by the United States Government to restore national parks. Effects of legislation introduced in 1995 on the management of parks; Importance of understanding the magnitude of the problem; Effects of an increasing number of visitors on the infrastructure of parks;...