Books & manuals
- New industry classification system. // Business America;Jun98, Vol. 119 Issue 6, p2
Announces the availability of the North American Industry Classification System Manual, an industry classification system which replaces that US Standard Industrial Classification. Topics contained in the manual; Contact information.
- K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple, Stupid) Is Always Relative. Wong, William // Electronic Design;11/20/2000, Vol. 48 Issue 24, p56
Discusses the benefits and advantages of providing simple and clear information in technical or operating manuals. Ease in understanding of operating system for first time users; Quick utilization of advanced functionality for experts.
- From the publisher's desk. Dunn, John F. // Mekeel's & Stamps Magazine;04/11/97, Vol. 180 Issue 15, p4
Explains the reasons behind the setbacks in the production of the Mekeel's Reference Manual. Apology of the publisher; Staff problems of the publishing company; Author's request for readers to support the publication's advertisers.
- Electronic manuals: Easy to use, easy to change. // Electrical World;Apr97, Vol. 211 Issue 4, p50
Focuses on the advantages of electronic manuals for public utilities. Case of Public Service Electric & Gas Co.'s conversion to electronic manuals; Disadvantages of printed manuals; Cost benefits; Graphics and linking capabilities.
- A little knowledge is not enough. // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Jun95, Issue 511, p62
Gives advice on the importance of using technical manual when doing maintenance repairs on equipments.
- Untitled. // New Yorker;1/23/1965, Vol. 40 Issue 49, p115
An excerpt from the Canadian Government Style Manual for Writers and Editors is presented.
- Literature. // Automotive Production;Jan1996, Vol. 108 Issue 1, p68
Lists the different brochures and catalogs for automotive manufacturers. `From Carriage to Clearcoat,' a brochure from Norton Company; Zontec's brochure from Zontec Incorporated; `The Worlds Best Known Supplier of Automotive Pretreatments Supplier a Lot More Than Pretreatments,' a catalog from...
- Literature. // Automotive Production;Feb96, Vol. 108 Issue 2, p66
Presents the different brochures and manuals from several companies. Weld Fume Control brochure from AAF International; 1996 edition of the `Guide to PC-based software for the Manufacturing Industry,'; Tafa's 8-page brochure; Others; Uses and features of the products.
- DIY books quench the thirst for information. // Aftermarket Business;04/01/97, Vol. 107 Issue 4, p48
Announces the availability of do-it-yourself (DIY) manuals at automotive chains stores. How the category had shown growth in the retail market; Reason for growth; Coverage of DIY books and tapes.