- Power Tools to Go. Spier, John // Practical Sailor;Nov2007, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p31
The article evaluates several power tools, including an angle grinder from Hitachi, a random orbital sander from Porter Cable and a 9.6-volt angle drill from Makita.
- UL Plans to Establish New American National Standards. // Professional Safety;Jul2006, Vol. 51 Issue 7, p14
The article reports on the plan of Underwriters Laboratories Inc. to establish a new American National Standard titled "Standard for Safety for Handheld Motor-Operated Electric Tools-Safetyâ€•Part 2-3:Particular Requirements for Grinders, Polishers and Disk-Type Sanders in the U.S. The...
- Power Tool Cleaning. // Journal of Protective Coatings & Linings;Feb2014, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p25
The article reports on the use of power tools for surface preparations in protective coating applications. Topics discussed include common reasons of using power tools, including for spot repair, overcoating, and lead abatement, and usual surface preparation problems, which include delamination,...
- Aldora's Plug-in Power Tools for the Cruising Sailor. J. S. // Practical Sailor;Nov2007, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p32
The author describes the uses of four plug-in power tools for sailors and offers brand and model recommendations. The recommended tools are Hitachi Model G12SR grinders, a Porter Cable Model 333 random orbital sander and Dremel tools. According to the author, fein multi-masters which can clean...
- TOOL TIME. Honnette, Katie // Farm Industry News;Feb2014, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p40
The article evaluates the 20-volt cordless power tool line from Porter-Cable which includes the 20-volt 1/2-inch drill/driver, the 20-volt reciprocating tiger saw, and the 20-volt cut-off tool/grinder.
- A Pricey Solution Pays Off with Saved Time. Sterling, Dave // MAN: Modern Applications News;Jul2008, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p16
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of deciding to buy an expensive drill which eventually saved him time.
- More on power screws. Leeke, John // Old House Journal;Jan/Feb93, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p56
Offers a guide to electric drills and other motorized tools. Includes screw guns; Cordless driver/drills; Accessories; Working with power screws and drills; Suppliers information; Details.
- Power drill tune-up. Bock, Gordon // Old House Journal;Nov/Dec96, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p46
Highlights the power drill, a tool used in restoring and maintaining homes. Ways to enhance life of the drill; Maintenance of the chuck, the part of the drill that centers and holds the various bits; Life hours of drill brushes; Repair and replacement of the electric power cord. INSET: Chuck...
- Electricians Can Cut Accurate Holes Without Creating Dust. Fischbach, Amy Florence // EC&M Electrical Construction & Maintenance;Sep2003, Vol. 102 Issue 9, p12
Introduces the Python Perfect Cutter, a tool that allows electricians to quickly and easily cut a clean, precise electrical hole without scattering dust into the air by Stan Brannan and Greg Tillemans of Python Tools in Kansas. Usability; Product features; Advantages on the use of the product...