Refrigerant leak detector
- Refrigerant Leaks Are A Growing Concern. Tomczyk, John // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;1/10/2005, Vol. 224 Issue 2, p1
The article presents information related to refrigeration leaks that is a growing concern for technicians despite the advanced refrigeration systems of today. With the electronic leak detectors and fluorescent dyes, finding leaks wouldn't be such a difficult problem for technicians. However, all...
- Doing detections with heated diode sensors. // Refrigeration Service & Contracting;Oct96, Vol. 64 Issue 10, p50
Describes a heated diode sensor for detecting refrigerant leaks manufactured and marketed by Leybold Inficon Inc. Function of the sensor; Features; Costs and benefits.
- Pros And Cons Of Leak Detection Methods. Seigel, James J. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;2/10/2003, Vol. 218 Issue 6, p7
Examines the pros and cons of leak detection methods in a refrigeration system. Reliability of electronic leak detector; Features of the negative corona discharge model; Credibility of the alarm system of the methods.
- Integrated SINIS refrigerators for efficient cooling of cryogenic detectors. Luukanen, A.; Savin, A. M.; Suppula, T. I.; Pekola, J. P.; Prunnila, M.; Ahopelto, J. // AIP Conference Proceedings;2002, Vol. 605 Issue 1, p375
In this paper we report recent results obtained with large area superconductorinsulator-normal metal-insulator-superconductor tunnel junction coolers. With the devices we have successfully demonstrated electronic cooling from 260 mK to 80 mK with a cooling power of 20 pW at 80 mK. At present, we...
- IRC Forum for Ammonia Industry. // Process Cooling & Equipment;Mar/Apr2002, p38
Highlights the Industrial Refrigeration Consortium's research and technology transfer activities. Importance of ammonia sensors in the protection of personnel and property; Benchmarking as a management tool; Internet-based ammonia training and certification program for ammonia refrigeration.
- Electronic leak detectors make good `scents' for techs. Wander, Jerry // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;06/08/98, Vol. 204 Issue 6, p12
Focuses on the innovations in electronic leak detection technology use in sensing refrigerant vapors. Early electronic leak detectors; Value of the technology to service technicians; Description of the corona suppression sensor technology incorporated in electronic leak detectors; Development...
- Leak detection ratios. Nielsen, Jim; Wander, Jerry // Refrigeration Service & Contracting;Nov96, Vol. 64 Issue 11, p18
Presents a question and answer about the use of halogen leak detectors for alternate refrigerants. Use of the equipment by adjusting the leak rate; Leak detection technology which is uncapable of measuring fluorine-based refrigerants.
- Technology Sourcebook. // Food Engineering;Oct2000, Vol. 72 Issue 10, p33
Introduces several freezing machines and refrigeration products. Vission Micro-Controller from Vilter Manufacturing Corp.; Tunnel freezer from Air Products and Chemicals Inc.; Temperature sensing system from Minco Products Inc.
- A Robust Fault Detection and Diagnosis Strategy for Centrifugal Chillers. Shengwei Wang; Jingtan Cui // HVAC&R Research;Jul2006, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p407
This paper presents a robust fault detection and diagnosis (FDD) strategy for centrifugal chillers. The strategy consists of a model-based chiller FDD scheme and a sensor fault detection, diagnosis, and estimation (FDD&E) scheme, which handle chiller faults and sensor faults, respectively. The...