Breakfast with a Steeler
- Metz revamps `The Scrounge' at Gannon. // Nation's Restaurant News;3/25/96, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p23
Reports on Metz and Associates Ltd.'s completion of a renovation of `The Scrounge,' a dining facility on the campus of Gannon University in Erie, Pennsylvania. Restorations in the facility.
- WHAT'S IN DEMAND THIS YEAR: Menu development is based on local likes, preferences. // FoodService Director;8/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p108
Reports that Metz and Associates' menu concepts are on the location of their customers. Strategy for learning the food preference of customers; Menu plans of the company for the year 2001.
- WITH NEW SUPPORT SVCS. DIV.: Metz pursues bundled accts. // FoodService Director;11/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p28
Reports on the creation of a support service division at Metz and Associates contracting company based in Dallas, Pennsylvania. Services offered; Background on its leader, John D. Herron.
- WITH NEW MANUALS, RECIPES, ETC.: Metz sets culinary overhaul. // FoodService Director;11/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p34
Highlights the Quality Through Culinary Excellence Program of Metz & Associates Ltd. of Dallas, Pennsylvania. Aim of the procedure manuals, concept materials and other initiatives of the program; Team members of the program.
- Metz does taste-tests. // FoodService Director;07/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p28
Provides information on a taste-testing foodshow by Metz and Associates Limited in which hungry college students participated. Comments from Bob Aughenbaugh, vice president of Metz.
- New prez at Metz. // FoodService Director;12/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p24
Reports on the appointment of Harold Leininger as president and chief operating officer of Metz & Associates Ltd.
- The lesson of a veteran exec: Bigger isn't always better. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;4/29/96, Vol. 30 Issue 17, p23
Focuses on the experience of John Metz when he tried to retire from contract-foodservice management. Pangs of withdrawal; Formation of Metz & Associates Ltd.
- Metz & Associates dietitians aim to fight obesity with education. // Nation's Restaurant News;8/26/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 34, p20
Reports on the efforts of dietitians for foodservice contractor Metz & Associates Ltd. to educate U.S. students on obesity. Concerns over the growth of childhood obesity; Outline of the anti-obesity education programs.
- WITH TRAINING, QUALITY FOCUS: Metz adds $4MM in Penn. // FoodService Director;8/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p22
Reports on the completion of the renovation on the Gateway Center Complex, a food service facility owned by Metz & Associates, in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Features of the facility; Factors that contributed to the success of Metz.