- Turning sheet-metal drawings into 3D solid models. Dvorak, Paul; Kasprzak, Kris // Machine Design;05/06/99, Vol. 71 Issue 9, p86
Discusses the advantages of using Computer Aided Design (CAD) system in designing machine parts. Problems with two dimensional systems; Details on the design process; Information on other design method.
- Computers & Software & Peripherals. Dvorak, Paul // Machine Design;06/18/98, Vol. 70 Issue 11, p90
Presents information on several computer software on machine design. AutoSketch Release 5 from Autodesk Inc.; Product Development Management II from IBM and Dassault Systemes; QFD/CAPTURE Professional Edition from International TechneGroup Incorporated.
- Computers/Software/Peripherals. Silva, Walter // Machine Design;04/22/99, Vol. 71 Issue 8, p124
Reviews computers, software and peripherals with applications in machine design. Cadkey 98 from Baystate Technologies; Windchill Release 2.0; EZgearplot V3.9 from Trogetec Inc.
- SELECTING THE BEST CAD SYSTEM. Bordner, Michael; Dyorak, Paul // Machine Design;03/23/2000, Vol. 72 Issue 6, p62
Focuses on the proper way of selecting computer aided design (CAD) software program for machine design. Importance of decision matrix in the selection of CAD software; Criteria of decision matrix.
- Automate parts nesting. Jordan, John M.; Bradbury, Johanna L. // Modern Machine Shop;Mar98, Vol. 70 Issue 10, p188
Features CIMBlock Nesting/Nesting LT, a personal computer Windows-based computer-aided design/computer-aided machining (CAD/CAM) software module from Building Blocks Inc. Application with any computer numeric control controlled machine operation; Complete automation of parts nesting in...
- Decoding the future of CAD/CAM. // American Machinist;Jul2001, Vol. 145 Issue 7, p54
Discusses the changes in software development for the machining industry in the United States. Sales growth in CAD/CAM software; Challenges facing the CAD/CAM industry.
- Another Step Toward CNC Programming Automation. Albert, Mark // Modern Machine Shop;Dec2006, Vol. 79 Issue 7, p56
The article offers information on features exchange software technology developed by DP Technology. The technology incorporates portion of original computer-aided designs made by machine-part designers into Espirit user interface. This will result to 1 to 10% increase in programming productivity...
- Software fixes modeling and drawing errors. Day, Jim; Dvorak, Paul // Machine Design;2/21/2002, Vol. 74 Issue 4, p106
Discusses a suite of quality-control software used to monitor designs as they pass to-and-from a pulse-duration modulation system. Information on the suite's four modules; Details of how the modules monitor and improve designs; Description of the module's design aspects.
- ANALYSIS OF THE TECHNOLOGICAL PROCESS OF MOUNTING THE SUBASSEMBLY OF THE HYDRAULIC POWER STEERING. OBUCINA, Vladan; ERIC OBUCINA, Jelena // Mechanical Testing & Diagnosis;2012, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p43
Engineering design is supported by EdgeCAM computer software package used in the analysis of the technological processes of power steering mounting structure. The power steering, which is analyzed in this paper, belongs to the hydraulic power steering with balls. Creating a treatment process is...