- Bringing stations back into step. // Design Engineering;Mar1999, p64
Focuses on the solution to the problem in the controllers governing a six station transfer press. Erroneous positions; Use of latching technique; Use of fully programmable encoder.
- PHILIPS UNVEILS 16-BIT CAN 2.0B COMPLIANT MICROCONTROLLER. // Electro Manufacturing;Mar2000, p3
Introduces XA-C3, a 16-bit microcontroller compliant of Controller Area Network 2.0B manufactured by Philips Semiconductors in Sunnyvale, California. Application of XA-C3 on industrial and automotive systems; Features of the XA-C3; Product pricing and availability; Company background.
- Microcontrollers gain DSP attributes in "hybrid" architecture. Prophet, Graham // EDN Europe;Nov2003, Vol. 48 Issue 11, p16
Reports on the introduction of a series of devices from Motorola in Europe. Features of the devices; Combination of microcontroller and DSP functions; Availability of the device.
- Correspondence Lesson 8: HVAC Controls. Rosenburg, Paul // EC&M Electrical Construction & Maintenance;Sep99, Vol. 98 Issue 10, p50
Deals with controls for heating ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC). Impact of the development and use of computers and microcomputers on the HVAC control industry; Types of HVAC systems; Supervisory control; Installation of room thermostats.
- KEEPING UP WITH Auxiliaries. // Plastics Technology;Jun2002, Vol. 48 Issue 6, p31
Introduces several industrial equipment in the U.S. Advantages of the Plastic-Part Stress indicator from Molders Choice Inc.; Development of Advanced Valve Technology controllers from Advantage Engineering Inc.; Expansion of the product line of AEC/Whitlock.
- PROCESS EQUIPMENT. // New Equipment Digest;Dec2002, Vol. 67 Issue 12, p37
Presents several industrial equipment. Uses of the Bella XN Fluidized Zone Mixer from Dynamic Air Inc.; Features of the Hart PressureSaver pressure transmitter from Adaptive Instruments Corp.; Design of the LVCN-300 Series controller from Omega Engineering Inc.
- Soft starters. // EC&M Electrical Construction & Maintenance;Jan2006, Vol. 105 Issue 1, p50
The article features Siemens' Sirius 3RW40 and Sirius 3RW44 soft starters. It is ideally suited in a variety of start-up applications from gently starting/stopping conveyor belts to hydraulic pumps. The Sirius 3RW40 can control two phases in the power range up to 330 horsepower/460 volts....
- Forming & fabricating innovations. // Production Technology News;Aug2004, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p16
Evaluates several forming and fabricating equipment and supplies. WPC 2000 multi-featured press control from Honeywell Wintriss Controls Group; Powered Vacuum Lifter/Tilters from Anver Corp.; MotoRail extended-reach robot system from Motoman Inc.
- HOT PRODUCT NEWS INDUSTRY INSIDER. Farace, Paul // New Equipment Digest;Aug2001, Vol. 66 Issue 8, p4
Features several industrial equipments. Introduction of chip controller from Trinamic USA; Productivity of wide-format printer of Xerox; Use of mini IR imager for data storage and analysis; Capacity of all-stainless steel casters from Hamilton Casters and Manufacturing Co.