- BUILDING A BETTER BOARD. // Personnel Today;4/25/2006, p28
The article discusses the significance of non-executive directors (NED) in organizations. The role of the NED is to act as a bridge between the differing interests of shareholders and executives. The legal duties of the NED are different in the public sector but the fundamental role is the same....
- Old Ned. Hill, G. // Field & Stream;Mar1989, Vol. 93 Issue 3, p19
Describes hunting-riding on horseback where the best advice is to hang on to Old Ned the horse and hope for the best.
- Best practice at NedRailways. Miles, Tony // Modern Railways;Aug2005, Vol. 62 Issue 683, p68
Provides insights on the sharing of best practice between train company Serco-NedRailways and other companies in Great Britain. Background on the company; Importance of sharing best practice to railroads, according to Anton Valk, CEO of NedRailways; Benefits of the sharing of the practice.
- Sondheim's musical winner goes online. // Evening Standard;11/25/2013, p2
THE Stephen Sondheim show Merrily We Roll Along is to be made available to view online after winning the Evening Standard Ned Sherrin award for best musical.
- Sondheim winner available online. // Evening Standard;11/25/2013, p6
THE Stephen Sondheim show Merrily We Roll Along can be viewed online after winning the Evening Standard Ned Sherrin award for best musical.
- 6 OF THE BEST Big Things. // Australian Geographic;May/Jun2012, Issue 108, p40
The article focuses on the best big things of Australia, which include Big Lobster in Kingston SE, the Big Ned Kelly in Glenrowan, and the Big Merino in Goulburn.
- Need to talk about 'Neds.'. Messenger, Keith // Sight & Sound;Feb2012, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p96
A letter to the editor is presented in which the author criticizes the face that the film "Neds" was not featured on the "best of 2011" lists in the January 2012 issue of the journal.
- Ned Cartledge. Cullum, J. W. // Art Papers;Mar/Apr87, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p69
The article reviews the book "Ned Cartledge," by Ned Cartledge.
- Ned Overend. Drake, Geoff // Bicycling;Aug92, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p46
Discusses the methods and philosophy of Coach Ned Overend, and the things he wants of his racers on the Specialized mountain bike team. Get an attitude; Welcome distractions; Rest/intensity ratio; Training trademarks; Overend's best tips; Ned's off-road skills clinic; More. INSET: A week in...
- The clone-free boardroom. Finn, Widget // Director;Nov98, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p78
Presents a company's guide to hiring an independent non-executive director (NED). Qualities that a board should seek in its non-executive member; Methods to recruit NEDs; Importance of hiring the best possible non-executive.