Polyurethane drive belts
- Synchronous belts transmit power precisely. // Machine Design;8/24/95, Vol. 67 Issue 15, p112
Focuses on belts. Types; Applications; Performance Service life; Designs; Technological innovations. INSET: Metal belts take heat, time events precisely..
- Modern flat belts transmit high speed. // Machine Design;8/24/95, Vol. 67 Issue 15, p114
Focuses on flat belts. Features; Performance; Applications; Efficiency; Comparison with other belt types.
- Sizing up metal belts. Pearson, Mark // Design Engineering;May97, p23
Focuses on how designers can make the most of metal belts in their designs. Steps on calculating the belt stress; Discussion on keeping the belt tension as low as possible; Significance of tracking a metal belt. INSET: Accounting for belt creep..
- Scotch-brite finishing. Bergstrom, Robin Yale // Automotive Production;Feb96, Vol. 108 Issue 2, p21
Discusses information that the film-backed belts from 3M Company are soft, comfortable, to follow surface contours in light pressure for fine finishing applications. Uses of the built-in lubricants.
- A practical guide to synchronous belts. Batchelar, Peter H.; Korane, Kenneth J. // Machine Design;4/18/96, Vol. 68 Issue 8, p100
Provides information concerning the synchronous belts or timing belts. Introduction of timing belts; Advantages over V-belts, chains and gears; Materials; Designs; Applications; Factors affecting belt life; Factors to consider when selecting belts.
- Metal belts provide precise positioning. // Machine Design;8/22/96, Vol. 68 Issue 15, p114
Focuses on the design advantages offered by metal belts. Precise positioning; Durability; Optimizing a metal-belt design.
- Modern flat belts transmit high power at high speed. // Machine Design;8/22/96, Vol. 68 Issue 15, p114
Discusses types of flat belts. Small woven endless belts; Higher power flat belts.
- Belts with teeth drive with precision. // Machine Design;8/22/96, Vol. 68 Issue 15, p116
Focuses on belts with teeth. Background on the technology; Standard sections; Modifications of tooth profiles.
- Tensioning synchronous belts. Crockett, Jon; Foszcz, Joseph L. // Plant Engineering;Sep96, Vol. 50 Issue 10, p90
Provides information on the proper installation tension in synchronous belts. Conditions for ideal operations; Influences of correct tension; Effects of overtensioning; Devices for tension measurements; Tips on the adjustment of used belts; Observation of performance during operation.