Remote wireless emergency stop
- Pick the time and place, pneumatics gets it done. Hitchcox, A.L. // Hydraulics & Pneumatics (1996);Aug99, Vol. 52 Issue 8, p47
Explains the popularity of pneumatics in the automation of repetitive tasks. Preciseness of high speed motions; Incorporation of modular pneumatic components; Enhancement of speed, reliability and repeatability of pick-and-place industrial machines.
- Controlling Fan Speed the Intelligent Way. Frost, Loran; Miller, Jean // ECN: Electronic Component News;Dec2000, Vol. 44 Issue 15, p34
Comments on strategies for installing automatic control features for fans. Description of a duel fan control unit; Impact of the intelligent system on system reliability and acoustics.
- Simple cams deliver no-nonsense motion control. Korane, Kenneth J.; Seitzer, Tim // Machine Design;08/07/97, Vol. 69 Issue 15, p61
Examines the increasing demand for fast speed machinery which does not break down, and looks at the use of the cam components by reputable manufactures. What are the basic functions of the cam system; What protect the cam system against overloading; What are the major benefits of the cam...
- Gas Pressure Regulators Help Maintain Process Control. Kamins, Steve // R&D Magazine;Nov2000, Vol. 42 Issue 11, p49
Provides guidelines in choosing a regulator for controlling a system pressure that will reduce operating costs and maximize the life of the equipment. Significance of considering the design of a pressure regulator; How the loading element of a gas pressure regulator is set to a desired outlet...
- FuelGuard to stop thieves stealing fuel. // Contract Journal;2/20/2002, Vol. 412 Issue 6365, p20
Introduces FuelGuard, a device that sets an alarm if fuel is being stolen from a machine. Features of the device; Description of how users of the device could prevent false alarms; Cost.
- Smart Moves. R.J.B. // Appliance Manufacturer;Oct2002, Vol. 50 Issue 10, p35
Focuses on the use of sensor bearings to provide alternative feedback option for motor control systems. Features of sensor bearings from SLK Electrical Division; Functions and features of sensor bearings; Areas of applications.
- Conveying. // Food Manufacturing;Jan2000, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p1
Focuses on the significance of sensors in counting in-process mass items on a conveyor.
- Challenges of unmanned machining. Rose, Steve // T & P: Tooling & Production;Dec2002, Vol. 68 Issue 12, p14
Focuses on the use of unmanned machining in improving productivity and efficiency. Benefits of using unmanned machining; Risk associated with unmanned machining and technology; Need for reviewing minimally manned machining before implementation.
- Safety rides the bus. Parmer, Tim; Korane, Kenneth // Machine Design;1/23/2003, Vol. 75 Issue 2, p54
Focuses on wiring emergency-stops on the fieldbus network of machines with independent control systems. Description of dual systems; Functions of safety networks; Discussion on the benefits of installing safety networks. INSET: Packaging system demonstrates AS-I-Safe.