Portable digital transducer
- Strain gages measure automotive forces. Reed, Greg // Test & Measurement World;Feb2006, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p43
The article presents an interview with RS Technologies founder Ralph Shoberg about strain gages and ways to apply them. Shoberg discusses typical components in a typical automotive strain-gage system. He also identifies the specific challenges in mounting automotive strain-gage equipment....
- Meanwhile, back at the wrench. // Environmental Engineering;Mar2002, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p13
Evaluates the Professional Torque Tester (Pro-Test) from hand and power torque wrenches and multipliers manufacturer Norbar Torque Tools. Features and functionality; Range of operating models offered.
- Get New Decal for Straight Scoop. // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Oct2010, Issue 695, p6
The article presents information on how to perform GO/NO GO check for a gun mount assembly given on the breech decal National Stock Number (NSN) 7690-01-575-0788. One step says match to arrow centre line of gauge. Another step on the decal says to read the top of the coax ammo feed chute against...
- Ultrasonic stress meter alternative to torque measurement. // European Power News;Nov99, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p34
Features Norbar's USM-1 electronic stress meter which is designed to measure the actual clamp load produced by tightening a bolt or threaded fastener. Major applications; Display unit; Digital signal processing and automated diagnostics.
- Equipment design made easier with torque limiting controller. Krafting, Robert // Design News;4/19/99, Vol. 55 Issue 8, p60
Presents information on torque-limited controller (TLC) that integrates all of the mechanical and electrical functions of a multiple pressure circuit. Capabilities of the controller; Information on the conventional dual air circuit features of the controller.
- Measurement and calibration equipment. // Manufacturers' Monthly;Oct2004, p36
Features the measurement and calibration equipment from Norbar. Suitability of the equipment for harsh environment; Key features; Stainless steel design.
- Ultrasonic measurement for secure mechanical joints. // Process & Control Engineering (PACE);Apr2004, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p36
Focuses on the use ultrasonic measurement to ensure that a bolted or clamped joint is correctly tensioned. Consideration of torque measurement as the standard way of securing mechanical joints; Impact of variations in friction or joint geometry on the accuracy of torque measurement; Need...
- Twin features of Gemini nano. // Food & Drink Technology;Nov2005, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p24
The article evaluates the new rheometer from Malvern Instruments Inc. and offers information on its features such as optimized control of ultra-low torques, state-of-the-art air bearing design and easy configuration.
- Accuracy of a Manual Torque Application Device for Morse-Taper Implants: A Technical Note. Çehreli, Murat C.; Akça, Kivanc; Tönük, Ergin // International Journal of Oral & Maxillofacial Implants;Sep/Oct2004, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p743
Purpose: The objective of this study was to compare torques applied by new and used manual torque devices for Morse-taper implants. Material and Methods: Fifteen ITI manual torque devices were tested. Those in group 1 (n = 5) were new (ie, never used), those in group 2 (n = 5) had been used 50...