ASFSA lobbies for breakfast
- REPORTS FROM ASFSA IN MINNEAPOLIS: SCHOOL BREAKFAST ON-THE-RISE. // FoodService Director;9/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p6
Focuses on an increase in the number of school breakfast programs in the U.S., as discussed during the American School Food Service Association conference in Minneapolis, Minnesota in 2002. Information on the free breakfast provided by elementary schools in Minnesota; Details on the school...
- Breakfast blues: Despite subsidy, educational benefit, many schools thwart morning-market potential. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;05/25/98, Vol. 32 Issue 21, p42
Reports on the declining participation of both schools and students in the School Breakfast Program, a program subsidized by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA). Data on the level of participation in the breakfast and lunch programs; USDA and the American School Food Service...
- ASFSA gives preliminary OK to USDA school food programs. // Nation's Restaurant News;05/25/98, Vol. 32 Issue 21, p16
Details the American School Food Service Association's (ASFSA) preliminary approval to the US Department of Agriculture (USDA) for the proposed changes to the National School Lunch and Breakfast programs. Important provisions of the proposed regulations; Flexibility programs; Changes to rules...
- ASFSA prioritizes issues, prepares for DC conference. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;08/11/97, Vol. 31 Issue 32, p18
Reports on issues that the American School Food Service Association (ASFSA) plans to prioritize at the annual Legislative Action Conference in January 1998. Reauthorization of programs such as nutrition-educational training; Expansion of school nutrition programs; Other requests of the ASFSA.
- ASFSA celebrates golden anniversary. // Nation's Restaurant News;9/02/96, Vol. 30 Issue 34, p45
Reports on the American School Food Service Association's (ASFSA) celebration of its 50th anniversary in Houston, Texas during its 1996 national conference.
- Educating Youth About Global Hunger. // Association Management;May2002, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p20
Focuses on the Going Global program of the American School Food Service Association, which seeks to provide information about the causes, solutions and effects of world hunger. Number of lives claimed each day by hunger; Groups which launched the Going Global program in 2001; Information...
- ASFSA creates recipe database for school foodservice operators. // Nation's Restaurant News;10/15/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 42, p16
Reports the launching of an online database of recipes by the American School Foodservice Association in Alexandria, Virginia.
- SEEING A NEW FACILITY IN ACTION: Louisville school dist. hosts ASFSA 'major cities' confab. // FoodService Director;6/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p5
Focuses on the 2001 'Major Cities' meeting of the American School Food Service Association in Louisville, Kentucky. Comments of attendees on the facility of the host, Jefferson City Public School District in Louisville; Topics discussed in the meeting.
- LUNCHROOM 'CRISIS MANAGEMENT':...while school f/s is advised to be on alert. // FoodService Director;1/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p18
Reports that the American School Food Service Association has urged its members to work with school officials to develop a plan to respond to a chemical or biological attack on meals served to the nation's school children. Comments from the group about the possibility of delivering a biological...