Clinton asks Congress for $71 million added funding
- Tax Time--Follow the Money. Flower, Ruth // Academe;Mar/Apr99, Vol. 85 Issue 2, p109
Questions how the federal budget is spent in the United States (US). How much revenue is raised in the US yearly; Surplus of funds; How the federal budget can help realize the access to education.
- Budget deal alters politics, pocketbooks. Goodrich, Lawrence J. // Christian Science Monitor;7/30/97, Vol. 89 Issue 171, p1
Focuses on the historic budget and tax agreement in the United States which will balance the federal budget by 2002. The possibility that Congress will reform the tax code; Concerns about renewed partisanship; The psychological impact of a balanced budget; The desire from voters for a balanced...
- HOUSE-SENATE CONFERENCE COMMITTEE MET JULY 27 TO REVIEW FISCAL YEAR 2001 APPROPRIATIONS FOR LABOR/HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES. // NCADD Washington Report;Aug2000, Vol. 3 Issue 8, p1
Reports on the United States House-Senate Conference Committee's meeting held July 27, 2000 to review fiscal year 2001 appropriations for labor/health and human services.
- OMB Summary of Federal Government Surpluses or Deficits in Absolute Amounts 1789-1999. // Congressional Digest;Feb95, Vol. 74 Issue 2, p35
Presents a chart of United States federal government budget surpluses or deficits between 1789 to 1999.
- The Budget and the Numbers Game. Slesinger, Reuben S. // Banking;Aug67, Vol. 60 Issue 2, p59
Provides insights into administrative budgeting in the U.S. Criticism on the processes involved in the budgeting; Legislation providing for the use of the administrative budget; Significance of the administrative budget.
- Federal Budget Estimates, Fiscal Year 2000. Bersani, Kurt S.; Bilenki, Laura M. // Survey of Current Business;Mar99, Vol. 79 Issue 3, p12
Presents information on the federal budget of the United States government for fiscal year 2000. Proposed legislation and program changes in the administration's budget; Information on the budget estimates; Relation between budget and national income and product accounts (NIPA) estimates.
- Federal Budget Estimates, Fiscal Year 2003. Pitzer, Claire G.; Smith, Shelly // Survey of Current Business;Mar2002, Vol. 82 Issue 3, p14
Focuses on the federal budget of the U.S. government for year 2003. Proposed legislation and program changes; Budget estimates; Economic assumptions.
- On earmarks. Conason, Joe // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;11/22/2010, Vol. 40 Issue 20, p14
The author reflects on the proposal to ban earmarks as a way to reduce the U.S. federal budget.
- The Federal Budget. // Economic Trends (07482922);Mar1999, p14
Presents a summary of the United States budget surplus proposals in 2000. Congressional Budget Office's projection to the federal surpluses in 2000; Allocation to the Medicare trust fund; Off-budget surplus.